Anyone know what this is?

It looks as if someone has cobbled together a couple of engines including a Lister head. Anyone seen one before?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Howard

Interesting. It does look a little odd but I don't think it's a 'marriage'. Something about it is saying Aster to me - Comments anyone?

Reply to
Nick H

Perhaps Boulton and Paul but that mag looks decidely French to me. ttfn Roland

'marriage'.

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

I think this is a marine engine and I suspect it is an aluminium crankcase too. I do see what you mean about a Lister top end, Mark, but the whole thing is only 15" high, so it can't be, can it?

Patrick Knight might have some ideas.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

If you want Patrick's views you'll have to ask him direct. He no longer lurks. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Ah, didn't know that. Good job I copied it to him ;o))

He doesn't know, I'm afraid.....

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Looks like a hand held bingo callers ball cage to me :-))

Martin P

As it has what looks like a high voltage or frequency electrical connection of some sort at the bottom and what looks to be a "Faraday Cage" at the top, could it be a nuclear scientists version of a "Lava Lamp" with the radium giving off charged particles like sparks visible in dimmed light? If so,...I want one!!!!! (:-))

Regards, DJC

Reply to
campingstoveman

Anything to do with X-Ray or Gamma-ray NDT weld testing? As I recall this involves wrapping a film round the outside of a welded joint in a pipe and putting a radioactive source inside the pipe for a period to create an image of the porosity or not of the weld.

Reply to
cynic