items found u might be intered in for sale

hiya looks fun for someone who's got some money to spend...

VC1 Diesal, about 1930's

Lister A single flywheel
are getting rarer...

Lister CS

much money i personally think for the condition?

Bamford EG1

are becoming more popular of late, i am personally noticing more about, or ive never really paid much attention before..

Lister L type

version of the D i believe, or should i say the D replaced it, it think( might of been the J thinking about it that the D replaced)

thanks Martyn

i like to give a fair view of the engines some people withhold the engine there interested in and spoil it for others:( these are all to expensive and out of my range, so i hope its of use to someone.

Reply to
Martyn Butler

and here is another

Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Martyn,

I realise that as well as being keen, you're young and inexperienced and therefore I'm supposed to be tolerant and indulgent, but this sort of posting is not welcome to me and various others on the NG. I note that you did not post any of the items you've bought recently, and because you're not interested in any of the current ones you think it's okay to post them here.

My view, and I share it with quite a few here, is that eBay items should not be posted until after they are over so that those who are too idle to search through eBay don't suddenly leap on the auctions and send the price skyrocketing. It does happen, all too frequently.

Various people have given you help, photos and advice from this group, repay the favours and leave eBay items until after the auction is finished.

Arthur G

these are getting rarer...

to much money i personally think for the condition?

these are becoming more popular of late, i am personally noticing more

early version of the D i believe, or should i say the D replaced it, it

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Anyone know who "lister2engines" is? Obviously a person of our ilk ;o))

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I'm told by several folk that my last post was way too subtle so here is the plain English version: Martyn. Despite today's little blemish we all strive to encourage youthful enthusiasm but.......

-You asked for help and scans. A good many went to some trouble to provide both. All they got was a belated blanket ta. That cost you a few

-you insist on blathering in text-speak. That costs you a lot more

-now you are getting impatient because no one is picking up your question so you post a list of Ebay items on which regular posters here either have or are likely to bid. BTW very few of us exhibit at Dorset for reasons which have been aired to death and can be found in the Google archive. Please take a moment to reflect because you are fast running out of sympathetic ears. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

sorri, i wasn;t aware, i thought we all used ebay. and was jus helping others to notice them, hope i haven't offended anyone, now readin ur post i understand waht ur saying. some people get a free ride and dont have to do the searching through crap to find the gold.

thanks, martyn

PS. lister2diseal ive brought off him recently,

hes name is Nevielle Bond, seems a very descent chap. but is very much like stuck in muck, who ever that is on ebay who lives in charmouth, only not as much stuff..

Reply to
Martyn Butler

and another,

Anthony

ttfn

Reply to
Anthony

There should be more ads pointing to Ebay! Excellent the seller gets a better deal, it opens up the market, some people just buy up engines to sell on at a profit, the normal collector don't get a nose in. What's wrong with spending a few extra quid, if its worth the fair price? If you cant afford it, you should keep your hard earned cash in your pocket, and save up for more for chips and beer. I'm gonna do it all the time now!

Reply to
<greenhouse

Before you rush off with your bulging wallet, just think on a couple of things:

1) On any auction, yours or someone elses, the more buyers, the higher the eventual selling price. If you have so much spare cash that it doesn't affect you, then good luck, most of us have to watch what we spend on our hobby. 2) The "normal collector don't get a nose in" is what you said, but if this 'collector' is prepared to pay over the odds, then why shouldn't he win? After all, the highest bidder will win the auction... 3) Advertising ebay auctions here is fine, but remember that when YOU have found a little gem on ebay that nobody else seems to have noticed, and then right at the last knockings a whole bunch of guys jump in with bids and push it out of your reach, or worse still, one of them pips you with a last-minute bid. All because someone mentioned it on the newsgroup.... 4) Buying anything and selling it on at a profit is not illegal, and is what 90% of ebay sellers do most of the time, in fact many of them make a living at it. The goods are available to all and sundry in an open auction environment.

I have no axe to grind either way, but it is not as simple as you make out.

Peter

Peter A Forbes