Re: Another day - another engine!

I cleared a lot more paper than I expected, got Hazel's Micra MOT'd (G reg, needed a couple of patches on the outer sills - otherwise fine. I'm so impressed by this little car.) so had a bit of a go at the T600.

It's dirty - but not very rusty - condition leads me to believe its been partly stripped down and shoved under a bench for a good long time. I think the piston was more sort of stuck than rusted in because after I'd sprayed Plus Gas into the cylinder this morning, I rested my 60 watt mains lead lamp against the barrel and left it to its own devices for 12 hours. Returning to it late on in the evening, a couple of clouts with a 2 lb lump hammer through a lump of oak applied to a flywheel spoke moved it an inch or so. I clamped the flywheel rim in the vice and turned the engine and this soon had the crank turning quite easily. It's still rather stiff and the pistonless conrod is still stiff on the journal, but it looks a lot rosier than this morning, especially as Nick Highfield is willing to part with a piston ;o))

Now I notice that the cylinder head has only four bolt holes and the top of the cylinder has several more, so I need a couple of heads. Anyone have two cylinder heads for a Norman T600 lying about uncared for?

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn