Steam model identification

Hi, hope this is the right forum to ask but could any one identify the little twin cylinder steam engine I have just aquired? There are no markings on it but beleive it is about 15/20 years old. Have fired it up and it runs a treat. Would like to know a bit more about it.

Thanks

Bruce

Reply to
bruce

Can't help you with the brand, but it is certainly older than just 20 years. I would say 50 or so.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

It looks to me like something made by a machinist with some time on his hands. I know numerous hobbyists who have built somewhat similar engines. The age could be anything from recent to, maybe, 80 years or so.

"When you own a mill and a lathe, every problem looks like a steam engine."

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

From the appearance of some of the components it looks like it could be Wilesco.

David Billington

The Wilesco company is German IIRC.

David Billington

Oddly enough, I was going to suggest that the cylinder cleading looked like Willesco as well.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I was tempted to say that too. But I'm not aware of a parallel Wilesco twin (but that doesn't mean that much). Maybe it is a modification done by someone? The boiler doesn't look Wilesco'ish to me at all. Also the crank and the isolation of the steam tubes aren't typical.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I was thinking the cylinder heads, cleading, main piston conrod, and valve conrod all look like Wilesco. Also the whatsit (burner?) to the right of the boiler looks like a similar item in the wilesco link.

Reply to
David Billington

Many thanks for all you replies. The 'whatsit' by the boiler is a small gas container charged by lighter gas fuel. Still not sure of age but will keep making some enquiries. Lovely little engine though!

Reply to
bruce

Hi there, think I finally managed to sort this out.

Made from 2 Wilesco units for a company called Krick

Bruce

Reply to
bruce

Yes, that fits! I looked at Krick (), but they no longer have the twin.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller