S-T P5 marine

'Clockingin' has bought himself a nice pair of engines on ebay at a reasonable price:-

Interesting to note that these engines have a separate exhaust chamber rather than the more usually seen (later?) integral water jacketed job.

Reply to
Nick H

Serial number 10489 is in the first tranche of P5M engines mentioned in the list sent to me by Mike H (I think), also power output is only 3hp whereas the P5 is usually credited with 5hp (P6 later found an extra gee gee lurking within the same cylinder dims). So these engines could well be early. Wonder when the cylinder was modified to incorporate exhaust chamber?

S-T's own site dates their entry into the marine engine market to 1928 with an order from a Danish businessman.

Reply to
Nick H

"Nick H" wrote (snip):-

Sorry that should have been 4hp - P6 managed 5.

Reply to
Nick H