More ebay perils

Looking through various items this morning before we go out to do a multi-county run, I noticed a Lister L for sale, item:

This struck me as being somewhat familiar, so a quick search amongst the completed auctions provided:

which finished on 4th November with one winning bid.

The item is relisted: "RE ADVERTISED TO PERSON ENTERING WRONG BID"

As there was only one bidder, and the bid was the winning one, how come the bidder enter the 'wrong bid' ?

The successful bidder has over 280 feedback points, so is not a newbie to ebay, so putting in a wrong bid was not an error IMO, and sounds like a case of shill bidding. He even left positive feedback for the vendor, which is also out of order, especially as the vendor didn't reciprocate.

Smells somewhat fishy....

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

The winning bidder also bought another item from the same guy that's re-listed.

I sent him a message saying :- "Get colin1962red to buy it. He collects these things."

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Dig a bit more and you'll find others for the same seller. You'll also find assorted get rich quick schemes, items still listed with a Paypal surcharge, and still active sellers with feedback bordering on the criminal. Complaining to Ebay is a waste of time. The basic truth is that Ebay are interested only in taking money and pushing Paypal. The nearest natural parallel I can think of is yeast :-) ttfn Roland

Roland and Celia Craven

Just got a reply back:-

You should know him he bought this 'identical' one earlier.

He also bought a Lister L type off you.
Similar to the one you have on at the moment.

He even left feedback

***************** Two Love

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Colin is very reticent about his location. Perhaps he has a split personality? :-) ttfn Roland

Roland and Celia Craven

New balls please, I think ;o))

Regards,

Kim