Nice petter on ebay

Just in case anybody might miss it

Steve

Reply to
The wild eye

Yes it is a nice Petter, but may I as tactfully as possible point out that we have an unofficial rule that items for sale should only be flagged up by the vendor. Imagine if you had spotted a prize catch badly listed and likely to go for a bargain price - how would you feel if just before you went in for the kill it was broadcast to all and sundry?

As I said, this is only what might be called a gentleman's agreement, indeed I was initially unconvinced when it was drawn to my attention, as much interesting discussion can result from such posts, but the 'do unto others etc' argument won me over.

Hope that was polite enough - in the past some of the threads on this matter have got a bit nasty :-(

Reply to
Nick H

Maybe the poster is also the vendor?

Actually as this is Usenet & not a private mailing list, 'we' can't really have rules official or unofficial, unless written into the charter, but agreed some of the regulars don't like it & I can see their point of view without neccessarily 100% endorsing it. Different if it's your own sale, of course! Haven't read the charter lately, but I doubt that many people here would have a problem with a regular poster pointing to a sale of their own.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

I too was initially unconvinced as it was a useful headsup, but it was put to me that if I found an engine I really wanted to buy, would I then post the details on the NG? No, of course I wouldn't!

And that t'wer good enough for I, sauce for the goose is also your uncle Bob ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

In spring, a man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of getting his motorcycle on the road!

Reply to
Kim Siddorn