Petter M on ebay

Nice early one and in 'Handyman' red. Wonder if it is original?

Reply to
Nick H

Roland and Celia Craven

I thought that cylindrical hopper style was only used on early engines, but I stand corrected and will do penance by brushing up on my M history from your fine site!

Reply to
Nick H

BTW. I've never heard an M running on the proper handyman exhaust - what do they sound like?

Reply to
Nick H

Splattery :-) No rebuke intended. That hopper shape certainly appears in various 1920s catalogues and may go back to the introduction of the 2 1/2hp in 1917. I think that it disappeared in 1929-30 and that the petrol head/hopper was introduced at roughly the same time BUT I would never dream of being dogmatic as Petters seem to randomly introduce/remove features and use old parts stocks. I have asked the seller for the serial but no reply as yet. Both the S and 5hpM material have been re-written and are now 13 and 56 pages respectively. The new versions will appear when I get the time to rework them from Word documents into a form suitable for the webpage.... kind regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Two more appeared this am, without serials as usual :-( ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

serial is apparently 59113 so 1929 + or - 1 year. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven