Warsop Rammer

It seems two people though this item was to good to miss and were prepared to pay what I would say was way over the odds.

Makes mine seem cheap at £25 for one and spares.

Regards

Andy

Reply to
andyengine

There were four earlier models on ebay recently that went for 180quid for the lot, plus another runner that went for 51quid!!! I've just scrapped the remains of three seized rammers - I should have offered them to this bloke ;-) Before you ask I did remove the only two saveable bits off them - a carb and a spare reed valve snout!

Are you going to cash yours in Andy?

Regards Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

They are great fun to use. They always attract loads of attention when in use as well.

Although having used a Johnson and a Warsop, id definately have to say that a Johnson is much more fun and easier to use.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

Wow! That is a high price. Having said that, they are very cool. Gary's attracted no end of attention at Onslow Park this summer.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Ive got a few pics of one that me and Dan were playing around with at harewood House rally a few weeks ago. Ill upload them later and post a link.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

I'll have to look out for one :-D.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Thanks. Would be interesting to see.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Pictures as promised by Mike (alias miley_bob). If anyone has any other models of rammers, Pegson, Warsop etc, if you send me an email off group I will add them to the album. Lets see how many different ones are out there.

Regards

Andy

Reply to
andyengine

I think I'm missing something here, but where are the pictures?

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Your right I forgot to add the link, oop's

Regards

Andy

Reply to
andyengine

Thanks for the pictures. That Johnson rammer looks really nice.

Pity about Webshots. It used to be good, but it seems like it doesn't work well in any browser these days!

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

That Johnston Maxitramp looks fearsome!

Hadn't seen one since I was young, and that was in the regulation black AFAICR.

The only other models I recall are the Pegson (rare), the Warsop Benjo (common) and the previous incarnation of the Warsop without the top-mounted fuel tank and with vertical fins. That was doing the rounds during the changeover to Natural Gas (1960s).

Other than that it's all been Wackers since . . .

Reply to
Albert Ross