Eberspacher type heaters... power supply question

Eberspacher type heaters... power supply question

ebay item 160073139738

will this thing run my 24 volt eberspacher heater

All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Mark, you may want to try the Transit Forum for answers on Eberspacher heaters, as questions about these seem to arise quite often.

I dipped my toe in the water there last month before I bought a second-hand van to ask a few questions. Undoubtedly a bunch of anoraks, but then so are we I suppose, just in a different field.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Hello Mark,

In a word, no!

The Eberspacher manual (for the D1LC that I have) says that you need

210W on a 24v power supply for start up. In operation you need 30/22/10/10 for Power/High/Medium/Low. So, that 24v supply will current limit and probably shut down.

Send me your snail mail address privately and I'll photocopy the manual for you.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Somebody after a 24 volt supply at 10 amps? is size an issue? I may be able to find something, but could be big and bulky.

Have you considered 24 volt battery charger and some of the smaller sealed lead acids?

Adrian

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

thanks peter for your offer ..

buit think i found it ...

will have to have a look tomorrow if its the same .

not got a 24 volt charger ...been looking at ebay ...

I'm not sure on what a charger continuously on, will use ... will it use less than say =A32 a week.

This is a sort of study into its effectiveness and running costs ..

Had a jet engine paraffin type thing going on a thermostat last year...running 24/7 ...was quite effective and economical ...and once workshop temp had stabilised to a constant ...no condensation ...but .=2E.not safe in my opinion to be left alone......because ...of the stop/starting on it ...it quickly wore out the cone on the front of it .=2E.sending sparks across the workshop as the thing got eaten away ... so i slept un easily

I get paraffin at about 50p a litre

These Eberspachers will probably run on heating oil though ...

On another note

Think its about time all of us came together and developed a miniature waste oil heater ...of the type Thermobile..and KROLL make

That would be a huge asset to us cash strapped people

Their normal heater burns 2 litres minimum an hour ..ticking over !!! .=2E.this is far too great amount ...and they only seem to be aimed at large workshops .. can anyone think of any reason why they don't make these waste oil heaters with smaller ...0.5 litre an hour burners.

i reckon i could maybe heat my workshop on 50 litres a week 24/7

all you would have to do is scale them down ...no thinking involved .=2E.well it seams that way ... already had the offer of 10 litres of waste veg oil a week ...and i haven't even looked to the garages for their waste oil ..

yes i know that there are yahoo groups all about waste oil heaters .=2E.each coming up with elaborate designs that hardly work ...were as the thermobile ...is not elaborate and works very effectively ...no smoke etc ...very high combustion rate ....and all from.. just an empty chamber.

All the best..mark

Reply to
mark

What quantities do you have to buy in to get that price?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

1000 litres in bulk