drive belt - where to start

Hello Folks

I have recently acquired a good Lister D, and now a water pump. I intend on both using the combination at an allotment and occasional showing

Would anyone know where to start getting drive belt to link the two??? I am not sure if it would need to be leather or canvas and anything about tensioning etc.

The water pump also has an approx 3" width flywheel, along with the Lister so I am sure a flat belt would be used but that is all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
frush

Chris, AC Belting are a supplier of new flat belting otherwise you need to get to some autojumbles and rallies and see what you can pick up. Ebay is another possibility

Usual disclaimers, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Also Arthur forgot to mention that Stationary Engine Magazine, bought at all good Newsagents, do a booklet on Belting up your engine and pump better than we could :-))

Mart> Chris, AC Belting are a supplier of new flat belting otherwise you

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hi martin, I have about 20 years of SE stored but when I cancelled my subscription because they were only repeating what I already knew I have found it almost impossible to find anywhere local to buy the occasional copy to see the new adverts. I did find an Asian book store that had the odd copy but that has now died out. Is there any large bookstores that sell it?

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Hi Dave i think you can get SE mag in WH smiths or you could last time in Nick Holden Banbury England

nick-holden

Nice photos, Nick.

Particularly liked the Marshall, the Warwick Eagle, what I assume to be Philip's P-L, oh, and of course the Headless FM Z ;-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

I strongly suggest not using any of the resellers operating on Ebay - why pay a mark-up???. Much of the old belt I see on Ebay is rubbish; distorted, perished, water-damage, de-lamination. Yes an Ebay bargain is possible but I've often seen crap go for more than new price! Genuine bargains can be had at the jumbles but they are highly unpredictable so could involve a long wait. Go direct to

for a quote before pursuing any other route. I have no connection with AC but have used them for many years. I've found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful, their service to be first class and their prices very reasonable. hth

Reply to
Roland Craven

two??? I am

Hi chris, get in touch with me and I`ll send you a Vee belt that I have spare. F.O.C Best regards Pete

Reply to
peter.etherington