Paint for my lister...

Hello all,

Would someone be kind enough to suggest a place to purchase paint for my Lister D. This is my first restoration project, and I have read all the classic books on the D-type. I therefore know which colour I need, but would like a recommended make/manufacturer and a place to purchase.

At present I am priming parts as I clean them up using a general purpose anti-corrosion primer which I have borrowed from work (we use it on our Transpread farm spreaders). I assume this sort of primer will be fine, but if anyone feels differently, could you recommend a more suitable primer also.

Many thanks in advance,

Graham Culley

Reply to
Graham Culley

If you want to brush finish then get a synthetic paint from your local car paint mixer. Cellulose is a bit agressive on undercoat unless it is a special made for Cellulose. Two-Pack paints give a nice finish but take a bit more in the way of mixing up and cleaning brushes afterwards.

On balance we would (and do) use synthetic)

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Yes would agree with the above, synthetic all the way. Or you could try to find an enamel ??? Don`t know if this is just another name for synthetic, but I was very pleased with the enamel I bought at Astle Park.

MartinH

Reply to
martin hirst

Enamel is usually an oil-based paint, and liable to be affected by fuel and oils. There are fuel-resistant paints, but I don't know that much about specific product ranges to be able to be able to recommend a particular type or maker.

Peter

Prepair Ltd