Does anyone know

Does anyone know where I can find the specifications for HO modules? The HO version of N-Trak and if it has an "Official" name.
Tim C
I did a google for "HO module standards" (without the " character) and got a whole bunch of hits. I'll note that there are several standards for modules for HO and I'd suggest that if you're going to mate to other modules in your area, you should find out what is being used in your area.
NMRA has a published standard.
Bob May wrote:

shared this with the world:

Indeed, that's the great thing about standards... There's so many of them.
Checking with whoever you want to run with is probably the best advice. But if you're not planning on hooking up with anyone specific, then the NMRA has a set of standards for modules in most scales. Most HO modular clubs that I've seen operating have set their standards so that they can interface with NMRA standards compliant modules with a minimum of fuss.
At worst, do whatever you want, then make a couple of adapter modules to interface your own "standard" with NMRA style.
What we did was to set module lengths at 2 foot increments in length, 2 feet wide at the interface, track centers at 2 inch increments at the interface, 2 mailnines. That allowed us to hook up to an NMRA module. We also set a club standard end profile, and connector spec (and had a couple of adapters on hand for NMRA interfacing if needed). We also had club standard for ballast and ground foam colour near the interfaces. The middle of the module (or set of modules) was up to the module owner to do whatever they wanted for track, scenery, and whatever else they wanted.
--

Kent Ashton | http://members.shaw.ca/kjashton -personal
snipped-for-privacy@shaw.caNADA
On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 02:12:35 GMT, Kent Ashton wrote:

Except use code 70 rail on the mainline tracks? Some HO modular groups mandate code 100!!!
--
Steve

Ok, Ok, ya got me. We did spec code 100 for mainline, but didn't specify brand for any track components.
What I meant in my original comment was that the track could go wherever you wanted on your module as long as it entered and exited the module in the right spot.
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:38:20 -0700, Steve Caple

--

Kent Ashton | http://members.shaw.ca/kjashton -personal
snipped-for-privacy@shaw.caNADA
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 03:35:40 GMT, Kent Ashton wrote:

Atlas, schmatlas, Walthers, schmalthers - code 100 looks ridiculous in most contexts. Code 83 is pushing it, sort of enforcing a modern Class 1 look; besides, if anyone has equipment that won't operate on properly built code 70 trackage, that should be their problem. Old pizza-cutter flanges need not apply; RP25 has been around for how long??
--
Steve

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:34:31 -0700, Steve Caple

When the club formed, a couple of the guys had some old steam that they didn't feel like re-wheeling. And code 100 was/is cheap and available everywhere.
'sides, it's our club and we can do what we want!