What is this?

I'm wondering about the SD70MAC - what is the square light set off to the side of the low hood headlamp?

--
Frank Eva
Digital Railroader LLC

Hi Frank, never posted here before, however I will take a stab as I have a kato 70 and 90MAC HO and am a bit of a fan. I could be wrong (and feel free to tell me so) but I think what you are looking at there is not actualy a square light set but a window on a door on the front of the loco, this could be confusing for some as some versions of SDMAC (depending on livery) for exmple, Conrail has its lightset not front centre on their SD70MAC but much lower same level as the walkway at the foot of the front handrail whera's others have the lightset front top centre of the nose and just to the imediate left side from facing front on the loco there is a small window on a door I beleive.
Hope this has helped.
Regards
olley ____

Er... other than the "O" scale auction advert ;)
olley ____

It does look like it could be a little window... but for what purpose?
Digital Railroader wrote:

So when the conductor takes a really nasty dump, after eating those bad boy enchiladas, he can look first to be sure he doesn't knock the brakeman over the front railing when he opens the nose door so the wind will blow the fragrance onto the unsuspecting engineer who's sleeping in the cab. Or not.
Stevert.
snipped-for-privacy@yellowpages.com says...