For Better Or For Worse

Anybody know any modelers like this?
http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/001395.php

--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me
Rick Jones wrote:
> Anybody know any modelers like this? > > http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/001395.php
Yeah, I know some modellers with ill-mannered, undisciplined grandchildren.
The family is real. And he does have a G outdoor layout. Seems like there was a 1/4 scale(?) too. Lives in Canada. His layout was featured in MR or MRC in the last year or two.

The cartoonist is a genius, and yes, her husband is a model railroader. Not only does he do "G" scale, he does 7.5" operations. In fact, he has a business getting people into large scale railroading. The couple purchased a large wooded area in Ontario and used the railroad to actually move some of the fill, etc. This is the best American comic strip at this time in our history. I faithfully follow it on a daily basis.

In actual fact it is a Canadian cartoonist and comic strip.
Brian
R.Glueck wrote:
> The cartoonist is a genius, and yes, her husband is a model > railroader. Not only does he do "G" scale, he does 7.5" operations. > In fact, he has a business getting people into large scale > railroading. The couple purchased a large wooded area in Ontario and > used the railroad to actually move some of the fill, etc.
> This is the best American comic strip at this time in our history.
Really? I thought that comic strips were meant to be funny.
"R.Glueck"

It ISN'T American, it's Canadian.
Canadians do not like to be called "Americans".
-- Cheers Roger T.
"Roger T." wrote:

Of course Canada is a part of America and therefore Canadians are Americans, only yanks have given the term a bad name over the last 50-60 years.
You shouldn't brand all for the actions of a relative few....
--
+GF+

"I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make
+GF+ wrote:

That's true, but then any country's reputation is made by a relative few - I'm still talking to you, so you can tell that I recognise you as an individual ;-)
Greg.P.

...but not for the yanks we'd all be speaking German.

You're confusing yanks with Russians.
Regards, Greg.P.

It is.
-- Cheers Roger T.

It is.
-- Cheers Roger T.
"Roger T." wrote:

Twice!
snipped-for-privacy@highspeedplus.com says...

Roger, your send key has a stutter - or you like to double post :-).
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

"lgb"

Dunno what the problem is, it started a few weeks ago. Sometime it double posts, sometimes not.
-- Cheers Roger T.
"lgb"

Dunno what the problem is, it started a few weeks ago. Sometime it double posts, sometimes not.
-- Cheers Roger T.

But not for the Poles, we'd _all_ be speaking German, except maybe the Kiwis and Aussies, who'd be speaking Japanese. I refer to the Enigma machine (aka Ultra) and Bletchley Park.
The Europeans supplied the manpower to fight it to a stalemate and decrypt German transmissions. We supplied the materiel and the manpower for the final push. Without Enigma it would have been the same result, but taken longer. If Mr. Huettler (to use his stepfather's spelling) would have gone for the Middle East instead of Russia, it would have been a whole different ball game.

Canada is part of NORTH America. "America" is country, "North America" is a continent. We don't mind being called "North Americans" but take strong exception to being called "Americans".
Like most peoples, we do not like other people to tell us who or what we are. It's like the rest of the world telling New Zealanders that they are Australians because New Zealand is part of .Australasia. Yes, I realise that "Oceana" is the preferred term in New Zealand. Ditto for "North America" in Canada. As New Zealanders like to distance themselves from Australians, so Canadians like to distance themselves from Americans.
-- Cheers Roger T.