For Better Or For Worse

High five to all the above. I remember 15. My dad was so stupid then. He was a lot smarter when I was 24.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Funny thing, that. Welsh comes from Walish, which comes from the (IIRC) Anglo-Saxon word for "foreigner". I prefer Cymry (how _is_ that pronounced, anyway?)

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Try deodorant. Works wonders.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

'Cause in 1948 they flipped Britain for the Newfies. Canada lost.

Newfoundland, described to me by a Canadian, where in 1955, the poor kids ate lobster and the rich kids ate peanut butter. Seeing the geography, I can understand that. Lobsters grow in water. Peanuts don't grow in rock, nor that far north (I think).

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Oops. Sorry. Never saw it in print before and just assumed...

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Don't look at me. I didn't decide anything. I always said it was a bad idea, but I wouldn't shed any tears for Saddam. I think my exact words were, "I don't see anything good coming of it." Going on memory. I hate to google myself.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Reply to
Greg Procter

That's my point - a few people decide and drag the country along - good or bad.

Reply to
Greg Procter

They are concentric circles. Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

Can a train run on them?

Reply to
Greg Procter

And indeed, it is called all of those names. But "War of the Rebellion" is what the United States Government calls (called) it.

Since the winners get to write the history, I'll go with that, even if I don't find anything in the Constitution that prohibits secession. (Note that slavery was unfortunately allowed, at least until 1863.)

If I'd had my way, the North would have left the union, to seperate themselves from slaveholders.

Regards,

DAve

Roger Aultman wrote:

Reply to
DaveW

Only to someone who has never lived in a family.

Reply to
Mountain Goat

Or reflect reality, I think Scott Adams (Dilbert) lives under a credenza in our building.

Reply to
Mountain Goat

And the winners write history. The losers get the bass boats.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Jay,

Something like 'Koom - ri' The Welsh national political party is called Plaid Cymry and that's how that part of their name is pronounced in English speaking UK.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Eccentric, very, IMO.

Hah!

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

No, silly, that's an arpeggio.

Or did I mean archipelago? Pellagra?

Reply to
Steve Caple

It is - a whole 'nother state of mind :-).

As a Washingtonian, I really enjoy visiting. I'd probably move there if you'd have me - unfortunately the immigration quota for non-rich retirees is zero :-).

Reply to
lgb

Or someone whose sense of humour differs from yours. :-)

Reply to
mark_newton

Speaking of partly mistaken!

Same is true here. Libertarians and others have won plenty of state, local, and federal level seats.

The former Governor of Minnesota, Jesse Ventura, was neither Republican nor Democrat, but a member of the Reform Party. As of 2003, 600 Libertarians were holding elected positions nationwide (albeit mostly at city level).

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni