For Better Or For Worse

So why don't we have an immigration quota, and enforce it? Froggy,

That is true.

Not flipping likely.
Come up here and call anyone of us an American and see how fast you get booted back into your home <g>.
Both countries are situated on the continent of North America but that is where the similarities stop.
Anyone that lives on the continent are North Americans, not Americans That term was chosen by your country to identify its citizens.
Canadians live in Canada.
Brian
Froggy@thepond.?.com.invalid writes

And Wales... Funnily enough, neither the Welsh or us Scots don't like to be called English either... ;-)
--
Kenny

Kenny wrote:

Funny thing, that. Welsh comes from Walish, which comes from the (IIRC) Anglo-Saxon word for "foreigner". I prefer Cymry (how _is_ that pronounced, anyway?)
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:03:26 GMT, Jay Cunnington
Jay,

Something like 'Koom - ri' The Welsh national political party is called Plaid Cymry and that's how that part of their name is pronounced in English speaking UK.
Jim.
Froggy, @, thepond..com wrote:

I hope you note that I generally use the term "yank" as opposed to the term "Yank". "yank" is understood world-wide as meaning a person from the USa and has no intrinsic negativeness. (despite usually being followed by a spit into the gutter in France and various other countries)
Regards, Greg.P.

Ah, the French and their military- ever the jacket holders in a conflict... ;-)
--
Kenny

says...

"fl@liner" wrote:

That would be common usage by yanks.

For the simple fact that we aren't Americans.
Do Australians like to be called English?
Brian
Roger T. wrote:

Roger,
Then you'd probably like a version of Windows a guy in one of my classes is in the process of creating. It's a special version he calls "Windows XP Canadian". He's building it with a program called "styleXP". The startup sound is bite of Getty Lee's "Take Off (to the Great White North)" and probably features some Bob & Doug McKenzie bites if I know this guy.
If he releases it I'll let you know where you can get the files.
Jay Cunnington wrote:

That would be GeDDy Lee. Being a Canadian, he doesn't like being called "American", or "Getty"... ; )
Jeff

Oops. Sorry. Never saw it in print before and just assumed...
Many of us have done a similar thing already up here. Improved on it even.
Hey, here's a neat site:
http://www.canadaka.net /
Jay Cunnington wrote:
The

R.Glueck wrote:

Er, hrrrmph, and so on: It's a _Canadian_ comic strip.
Hey guys! Thought I'd see what's going on he..............Sayyyyy.........did I miss something??? ;)
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
>> This is the best American comic strip at this time in our history. >> I faithfully follow it on a daily basis.
> Er, hrrrmph, and so on: It's a _Canadian_ comic strip.
Canadian, American - it's still unfunny...
mark_newton wrote:

OT Yeah, it's been said before but, why nowadays aren't many of "The Funnies", funny?
Pete in Calgary wrote:

I've been reading "Boondocks" and I think it's a hoot. Hagar's always good. I also like "Pearls before Swine".

Despite some folks on this group claiming I'm a flaming liberal, I like both Doonesbury AND Mallard Fillmore. And Zits makes me laugh out loud. I may be 68, but I remember 15 pretty good :-).
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever