For Better Or For Worse

Non Sequitor?

Reply to
lgb

...that's even worse than Zits!

Reply to
Whodunnit

Comic strips should be humorous, not serious. Serious is all around. There is no shortage whatever of serious, or depressing, or woeful or any of a hundred other baleful states of being. What there IS, is a serious shortage of humor. I have the entire newspaper to remind and inform me of the execrable state of the world's affairs. I don't need some semi-skilled amateur doing it all over again in the comic strips. Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

For the simple fact that we aren't Americans.

Do Australians like to be called English?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

For the simple fact that we aren't Americans.

Do Australians like to be called English?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Roger,

Then you'd probably like a version of Windows a guy in one of my classes is in the process of creating. It's a special version he calls "Windows XP Canadian". He's building it with a program called "styleXP". The startup sound is bite of Getty Lee's "Take Off (to the Great White North)" and probably features some Bob & Doug McKenzie bites if I know this guy.

If he releases it I'll let you know where you can get the files.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Basically everything since the end of the Marshall Plan and the Berlin Airlift? I can understand that. As a culture we seem to have lost our compass. (sigh)

We can take it offlist if need be, so as not to offend people. My email is legit, but not my main one.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

But not for the Poles, we'd _all_ be speaking German, except maybe the Kiwis and Aussies, who'd be speaking Japanese. I refer to the Enigma machine (aka Ultra) and Bletchley Park.

The Europeans supplied the manpower to fight it to a stalemate and decrypt German transmissions. We supplied the materiel and the manpower for the final push. Without Enigma it would have been the same result, but taken longer. If Mr. Huettler (to use his stepfather's spelling) would have gone for the Middle East instead of Russia, it would have been a whole different ball game.

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Australia is not part of the island that comprises England and Scotland. Australia isn't even anywhere close to England at all. But you already knew that.

Canada most certainly IS on the northern end of the continent called "America", or more specifically, North America, So then, by definition that makes Canadians Americans. This does not mean that you are not also Canadians, but you certainly are Americans, whether you like it or not. I happen to reside in the southern United States, and I deeply resent being refered to as a Yankee, or Yank. Never the less, that's the way it is. I'm a Yank, and you're an American. Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

Claustrophobia?

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

I've been reading "Boondocks" and I think it's a hoot. Hagar's always good. I also like "Pearls before Swine".

Reply to
Jay Cunnington

Canada most certainly IS on the northern end of the continent called

No we are NOT. We live in NORTH America, therefore, we are NORTH Americans. Please do not have the temerity to tell us what to call ourselves. With all due respect, that is the height of arrogance.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Canada most certainly IS on the northern end of the continent called

No we are NOT. We live in NORTH America, therefore, we are NORTH Americans. Please do not have the temerity to tell us what to call ourselves. With all due respect, that is the height of arrogance.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

That is true.

Not flipping likely.

Come up here and call anyone of us an American and see how fast you get booted back into your home .

Both countries are situated on the continent of North America but that is where the similarities stop.

Anyone that lives on the continent are North Americans, not Americans That term was chosen by your country to identify its citizens.

Canadians live in Canada.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Despite some folks on this group claiming I'm a flaming liberal, I like both Doonesbury AND Mallard Fillmore. And Zits makes me laugh out loud. I may be 68, but I remember 15 pretty good :-).

Reply to
lgb

In message , Froggy@thepond.?.com.invalid writes

And Wales... Funnily enough, neither the Welsh or us Scots don't like to be called English either... ;-)

Reply to
Kenny

Apparently I offend everyone, in spite of never having bombed, shot, blown up or poisoned anyone nor occupied their countries!

Reply to
Greg Procter

I hope you note that I generally use the term "yank" as opposed to the term "Yank". "yank" is understood world-wide as meaning a person from the USa and has no intrinsic negativeness. (despite usually being followed by a spit into the gutter in France and various other countries)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

You do have a name for your country and yourselves, unlike the people of the USa who only have a description.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

In message , Greg Procter writes

Ah, the French and their military- ever the jacket holders in a conflict... ;-)

Reply to
Kenny