for smallscale modelers

The bigscale aircraft guys got their own 1/32 page--are there similar resources on the web for enthusiasts of 1/144, 1/100 and the handful of smaller stuff?

Seb

Reply to
Seb

Well, if you like civil aircraft, with the sometimes inclusion of military:

These guys are great. Friendly, informative, and willing to do far more than their fair share in sharing ideas, techniques, tips, hints, and resources. And the group's resource section is very extensive. And many of the group members are the same people who are in the production end of 1/144th scale modeling; be it kits, aftermarket stuff, decals, etc.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I've just discovered this one for 1/144 Canadian wingy thingys

cheers Billl TGH

Reply to
Bill Daisley

Hello,

I have recently found the following group:

Greetings,

FilipFr

Reply to
filsoft

handful of smaller stuff?>>

They're probably out there, but the pages are smaller, and you have to read them with a magnifying glass! ; )~

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

Their military stuff is mainly the "dual use" types, it seems. I wonder why small scale is not too popular--you can fit so many more 1/144 planes and 1/32 and 1/43 cars on the shelf than the larger stuff. If anything, with the recent releases it's the 1/24 and 1/32 (and the 1/72 An-24) planes that are getting all the attention.

Seb

Reply to
Seb

Definitely a mystery, as it seems there are so many *very* *nice* 1/144th scale aircraft kits out there, civil *and* military.

The afore-mentioned Yahoo group does provide an "entry portal" to some obscure but nice decal subjects. For example, DrawDecal has some very nice sheets for military Grumman Gooses (Geese?). And a spectacular NATO Anniversary AWACS C-135. Being that DrawDecal is known mainly as an "airliner decals" outfit, I wonder how many military-only aircraft modelers are even aware of the two sheets I mentioned?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I've lately wondered that myself. Although I'm not too interested in any Fokker Tripes in 1/144 there are many really large aircraft that the scale is almost made for.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

snipped-for-privacy@neuf.com (Seb) wrote in :

I've built about 10 1:144 aircraft now (modern jet fighters), and while it's fun, there are drawbacks. The kits I've built aren't very detailed (e.g. some don't have a cockpit at all) or accurate, and the parts like the landing gear are almost smaller than the 'resolution' of my hands (ie they're getting hard to handle, paint, etc.). There's also less scope for adding detail (again because it'll get too small to handle). I'll continue to do 1:144 kits, but I'll also buy some larger-scale kits.

Reply to
Harro de Jong