Any idea what this Oliver drill grinder is for?

Label "227A" is 2x4 inches in size.

picture is here.

Ignoramus12193

Brazed carbide and spade drills.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

OK... thanks...

you think it weighs 300 lbs?

Reply to
Ignoramus12193

No, but I believe the green machine beside it is an SRD drill sharpener, the one I posted a commentary about recently.

As far s size, weight and practicality go, the SRD grinder would be a better choice for a home shop or small business.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Hey Iggy,

I can't tell, but an Oliver 600 will apparently grind drill-bits up to

3" diameter.
Reply to
Brian Lawson

At least. Perhaps as much as 500.