Painting machines for sale on eBay

I have had some luck painting stuff and selling it on eBay in the painted condition. Maybe it was not worth the time spent, but it was fun.

The common feeling amongst buyers, myself included, is that painting is done to hide defects. So when selling such things, I always include photos of them before painting (but possibly after cleaning).

Here are some pictures:

Enormous 2.5 inch Impact wrench:

Wilton 500S vise

I kind of like bright colors and color contrasts. Would you say that these tools look more like toys, or do you visually like the colors?

The vise probably was bought by a hobbyist.

This Ingersoll thing, definitely, is for serious, burly men who are paid big bucks to do big jobs.

Reply to
Ignoramus3909

Yep. Then you know that they probably spray painted right over rust and dried oil, ways etc.

This impact weighs 135 lbs. It is for truly huge fasteners, like on wind generators etc. What line of work are you in?

New it costs $13,000, give or take.

Ignoramus3909

Should work. You would need a big impact socket. I have one for sale that has a 1 3/4" hex size for 1 3/4" nuts (and fits the 2.5" impacts).

That one, sold for $1,500.00 and I probably asked too little, but I do not care too much.

Ignoramus3909

Your painting looks neat. People will be much less suspicious of repainted tools if it has been done neatly. The worst is when you see a picture of a repainted tool on eBay, and you can see the overspray on everything, including the floor around the machine!

That impact wrench looks neat. I could use one. How much do they sell for?

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

I just wanted one to bust off some excavator wheelnuts.

I knew I wouldn't be able to afford one. What do the sell for used?

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy