Johnny 5 is for sale on eBay!

Well this is a "little" out of my budget range ... but it's still nice = to dream, eh ? Johnny 5 is for sale on eBay!

Pogo

It'll be interesting who buys it. I'd be pretty sure the design is still owned by the studio/distributor, so there'd be possible problems for anyone buying the robot and then using it in a commercial way on a Web site or whatever. This is/was the case with Robby from Forbidden Planet. The owner of the original robot does not have exploitation rights to its image.

This is one for a rich Microsoftie or an ILM higher-up, someone who could afford the robot just for the sake of having it.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

nice to dream, eh ?

Circuit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ52933QQihZ013QQitemZ230155438774QQrdZ1= QQsspagenameZWDVW

Yep - too rich for my bank account ! For those interested, here's a link to a fellow that built his own J-5 = reproduction and even shows how some parts are made.

Pogo