Johnny 5 is for sale on eBay!

Well this is a "little" out of my budget range ... but it's still nice to dream, eh ? Johnny 5 is for sale on eBay!
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/Original-full-size-Johnny-Five-robot-from-Short-Circuit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ52933QQihZ013QQitemZ230155438774QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW #
Pogo wrote:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/Original-full-size-Johnny-Five-robot-from-Short - Circuit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ52933QQihZ013QQitemZ230155438774QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
It'll be interesting who buys it. I'd be pretty sure the design is still owned by the studio/distributor, so there'd be possible problems for anyone buying the robot and then using it in a commercial way on a Web site or whatever. This is/was the case with Robby from Forbidden Planet. The owner of the original robot does not have exploitation rights to its image.
This is one for a rich Microsoftie or an ILM higher-up, someone who could afford the robot just for the sake of having it.
-- Gordon

Yep - too rich for my bank account ! For those interested, here's a link to a fellow that built his own J-5 reproduction and even shows how some parts are made.
http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/rj5p1.html