Dumore Drill Sharpner

What is one of these woth these days? Thanks CP

If you mean the 21-011 guys are still asking close to $us500 for them. Not sure if they are getting it.

    How complete is it?
    Does it have the mounted diamond for dressing the wheel?
    Does it have the magnifying glass for setting the drill bit?
    Does it have the light to illuminate the bit while setting?
    Does it have the *full* set of collets (one each for each         fractional and Number size bit (and a few for the         letter size bits smaller than or equal to 1/4"?         They come in a fitted wood box.)
    Does it have the wheel for roughing a broken bit?
    Does the drill chuck work smoothly?
    And -- of course -- does the motor run properly?
    Ideally -- does it have spares of the dual-grit sharpening         wheel?
    Assuming that you are talking about the Dumore drill sharpener which I know about.
    There is *one* on eBay at the moment for $499.99, and it is *far* from complete. I don't see *any* collets, and no dressing diamond.
    I would not pay that for it as it appears. However, watch it and see whether someone else does.
    The assembly for the chuck is mounted backwards. Remove the two bolts holding the pedestal for the drill chuck assembly, rotate it 180 degrees and replace the bolts.
    It is missing the magnifier.
    And maybe the power cord.

    Good Luck,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
I have put this unit together from bits and pieces into a very usable machine. The bearings in the motor have been replaced, all but two collets are there, a collections of wheels [obtained on Ebay] are there, a replace ment mag-glass has been fitted, light yes, the chuck has been made from a 1/4 " drill. All in all it is a very servicable unit. Others may disagree. CP

    Looks like I'm a bit late following up to this. :-)
    O.K. Sounds pretty complete. Which two collets are missing, out of curiosity?
    And the wheels -- were you able to find the ones which are two different grits in layers? (Coarser grit for the larger bits, the finer grit for the drills down near #70 (the bottom end of the range).)

    It is quite serviceable -- based on mine. Of course it only does conventional drill sharpening (at various tip angles), and not what I would like -- "split point".
    And -- do you have a copy of the manual?
    You can find it here:
<http://www.d-and-d.com/misc/MANUALS/DuMore/DuMore-Drill-Grinder-manual.pdf
    And a report of mine at:
<http://www.d-and-d.com/interesting-tools/DuMore-Drill-Grinder
    I had to turn a number of collets (I only got the 1/4" one with it) before I lucked into sharing a win on eBay for two almost complete sets. Quite an array in a wooden box given that it covered fractional inch sizes, number sizes (down to #70) and letter sizes (just up to 'E' IIRC).
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail