[SOLVED] Security Mfg Corp key blan k

One of my customers wanted a duplicate mailbox key but I couldn't find a blank that worked. I changed out the lock and told her when I found the right blank I'd put her's back. I don't need bitting info, just which key blank fits. The lock and key have Security Mfg Corp and

60193. It's from a bank of veritcal apt mailboxes. Any help out there?

Skip

Reply to
Skip

Could be that new imported "Windmill" blank that is similatr to the Hudon or Corbin blank.

If so, Blue Dog has'em.

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

I don't see a listing for that code for that company. The only relevant appearing one I see is for Lowe & Fletcher. Don't know if that's what your'e looking for but the blanks are:

LF6R Silca L192 Taylor LF18 Ilco

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

couldn't find

when I found

info, just

Corp and

help out

maybe this will help ? they sell the boxes & locks.

Security Manufacturing Corp. 815 S. Main Street Grapevine, TX 76051 Tel: (800) 762-6937 Fax: (817) 481-3993 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

g-luck

Reply to
Key

Now you know nothing against Skip I'm sure he's a perfectly good guy but if you found it in what?........a minute or two or less he could have too. Like the guy who comes here and asks for general lockpicking info (take your pick I know there are hundreds) he could type lockpicking into any search engine in about

10 seconds maybe 20 if he hunts and pecks like me, and get, in the case of Google, something like 37000 hits but instead he comes here and waits for people to refuse to discuss it.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere

I'll give them a try. There were other replies but my ISP zotzed them before I could read them. So, to all who answered, thanks.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

Try maybe ILCO 1559

Good Luck,

Ed

Reply to
Ed Jasper

Thanks

Skip

Reply to
Skip

I'm not looking for general info - just a specific key blank If you are better at searching than I am, great. Blow your own horn.

I'm sure you're just a swell guy too but what makes you think posting a question here was first on my list, looking for this key blank because it cerainly wasn't. Perhaps when you ask a questiong someone will say to you, "Hey lazy. You could have found it without posting here, although I'm sure you are a perfectly good guy."

Skip

Reply to
Skip

I already talked to them. The gal I spoke to said you have to buy the keys from them but a locksmith told her a while ago it was similar to a listed key (but longer) but she can't remember what key it was. I guess I'll go through the Ilco book again and hope for the best.

Thanks,

Skip

Reply to
Skip

reader.com!news-spur1.maxwell.syr.edu!news.maxwell.syr.edu!elnk-pas-nf1!ne wsfeed.earthlink.net!cyclone.socal.rr.com!cyclone2.kc.rr.com!news2.kc.rr.c om!twister.socal.rr.com.POS

I didn't do the search.

You don't think the company could tell you what the correct blank is if you contacted them?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

If that's the case then you should buy the key blanks from them and charge the customer accordingly. Nothing comes up for that company for that code. Also I probably shouldn't have assumed you didn't contact the company so I appologize for the earlier remark.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

You really jump to conclusions, don't you. I'd already called the company and they said the key is made specially for them and they didn't know what the blank was. The person I talked to also said that a locksmith told her that a similar key would fit but theirs was a bit longer.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

Had you asked I could have told you that the number isn't a code number but a parts number, per the company. I've already made arrangements to get the keys. You must get tired jumping to conclusions.

Since it appears there is a keyway similar to it I'll be looking around for one that works so I don't have to depend on them since their locks seem to have several different keyways.

Apology accepted.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

It turns out that the blank is close to a CO106/1003M. Not exactly but close enough. For all of those of you who responded, thanks.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

il

Had you said it was a part number there would not have been reason to ask. The reason I believed you thought it was a code was because you said " I don't need bitting info, just which key blank fits. The lock and key have Security Mfg Corp and

60193. It's from a bank of veritcal apt mailboxes. Any help out there?

It being a part number obviously there would not be any way for anyone here to give you biting info based upon it so no need to state that you don't need it yet you did so..

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Out of the 6 or 7 people who were nice enough to reply, you are the only one who had a problem with the way the question was asked. Come to think of it, everyone else was as helpful as they could be. You seem to be more interested in the form of the question and what I didn't say than considering a possible answer. Perhaps this indicates a change of career for you to English teacher.

Reply to
Skip

Translation: I phrased the inquiry vaguely/poorly and am simply not able to bring myself to admit it.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere