key cutting machines

OLDER KEY MACHINES FOR SALE

Richard

Not really relevant to this group. AFAIK no rule in the FAQ's or elswhere that applies. ebay prohibits key machine auctions anyway though.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

To quote eBay's policy:

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy."

  1. This is an appropriate topic for this newsgroup.
  2. It does not violate any posting rules in the alt.locksmithing FAQ.

So, per the posting guidelines in the FAQ and eBay's Usenet policy, the original poster is ALLOWED to advertise an eBay listing.

Reply to
No email please!

newsgroups) to

violates

alt.locksmithing FAQ.

Usenet policy,

listing.

doesn't matter, ebay will still act on complaints.

Reply to
Key

You're right. But it probably won't do him or her any good. ebay will yank the auction. They have a policy against key machines burried under locksmithing or lockpicking tools or similar in their prohibited items list.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

His point is that the ebay reg you posted is irrelevant. Why not just post the one that applies i.e. the no key machine one (I could be more specific but I don't care enough to go dig it up). To be honest I don't see the problem. He's selling a key machine which is certainly appropriate for a locksmithing group. Unless somebody here happens to be an ebay cop what difference does it make?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

or

Why not just post

be more specific > but I don't care enough to go dig it up).

yea, my bad !

policy eBay does not permit the listing of any lock-picking or locksmithing device such as lock picks, lock-picking sets, lock-picking cards, tension bars, lock-picking guns, autolock bypass keys ("jigglers"), try-out keys, "slim-jims," tubular lock picks, digital decoders, and code grabbing devices. This includes key cutters, which are designed for making an impression of a key or similar security device to duplicate such a key or device.

locksmithing

how is it appropriate to post an ebay item that is not suppose to be on ebay in the first place. also, I thought this was a locksmithing discussion forum. not a place to come just to sell goods. some come just for that purpose only. they don't even have any intension to contribute to the group in any other way.

difference does it > make?

probably none ? Would just not like to see this group turn into a bunch of people trying to sell their goods (only). you know quiet well that it (could?) happen. although, this group has changed and is different than it used to be..

Reply to
Key

newsgroups) to

or violates

alt.locksmithing FAQ.

Usenet policy,

listing.

good. ebay will yank the

under locksmithing or

list.

Key

Key - Do you have ulcers? Why do you get so uptight about things that will fix themselves? Key machines are on topic here and ebay will enforce it's own policies. You can't moderate alt.locksmithing AND ebay. Take a deep breath! Things will work out. (Even without you.)

Reply to
MThomas859

not trying to moderate ebay or alt.locksmithing. looks like my point went right over your head again. you always have something smart-a*s to say. if you don't like it? feel free to utilize your kill-file anytime you wish !

Reply to
Key

<Sigh> Looks like something went over someone's head.

Might have to do that. Not much here anymore except trolls and their caregivers. I've often seen you say you want to discuss locksmithing but you never do. Too busy moderating and correcting others I guess. You take things too personal. Get out in the sun. Let your ulcers heal. I wasn't attacking you. <I'm still not> but your reactions are begining to be a source of amusement. Chill.

Reply to
MThomas859

well, you know there has been a lot of trolls around here lately. sorry, I miss-took what you were trying to say.

Reply to
Key

No worries Key. Not my intention to come across as a smart a**. I guess on usenet it's easy to form negative opinions of folks we'd otherwise be friends with. Lot's of unsolicited/ unwanted advice too. Apologies!

Reply to
MThomas859

a**. I guess on

otherwise be friends

Apologies!

no problem... the many trolls that have frequented this forum lately has gotten under my skin just a little. my kill-file is getting large :-)

g'day to ya !

Reply to
Key

you ever stop for a sec to ponder just why that is? never mind, it's Shirley over your head.

bbjj

Reply to
BillyBob-JoeJack

Hey Guys Its me. Sorry if everyone got upset. Just had some of Dads old KEY things to find a new home for. You'll be happy to know E-bay is safe from the horror of KEY duplicating once again. Im sure I'll get back to you soon with questions about interesting KEY things that I find going thru My Pops LOCKSMITHING items. P.S this has been fun!!!!!

Reply to
Richard

message news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

message