Lego 35mm camera

Not sure if there are people here again or it is all just dnd crossposts.

This Lego Ideas proposal for a working 35mm camera, using the existing magnifying lens, looks wonderful. A bit over 6000 votes now and abot 150 days to reach the 10,000 mark.

Hoping it becomes real.

Elijah

------ still has the 2009 digital camera (three megapixels!)

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Ohhh, and functional as well? but where do we get the film to use in that one? I assume it still can be found in some places, but I don't think I even saw any the last few years.

Reply to
Kyonshi

I question how functional it is.

I'm sure that parts of the camera move and go through motions resembling a function camera.

I don't believe it's a camera that could be used to take pictures.

Reply to
Grant Taylor

Well, that most likely depends what standards you put on that. A picture most likely is perfectly possible. Use some normal lego bricks on the outside, and do the mechanics with Lego Technic parts. Should work.

A GOOD picture? I would assume is pretty unlikely. It most likely is a gimmick, yes, perfectly possible to take a picture, but why would you do that to yourself?

Reply to
Kyonshi

Fair enough.

But based on the Instagram photo, I think the bear was drunk and fell down the stairs end over end.

Reply to
Grant Taylor

I assume I could get film somewhere in this city. There must be a place still selling it. There's an art academy and a few photographers here. But I also don't have any conscious memory of seeing any because I haven't actually used a camera with film for the last... 20 years already? And even then I was using an old camera I got as a kid.

true that

Reply to
Kyonshi