Mystery object

Does anyone have any idea what this is?
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-5284.jpg
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-5285.jpg
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-5286.jpg

It's a warm can of Miller Genuine Draft...
Seriously though, I don't know what it is, but is the side with the knurled portion an ASA adapter?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Ignoramus9483 wrote:

Looks like an endmill sharpener
http://www.mscjlindustrial.co.uk/IFX-35004B/SEARCH:KEYWORD/product.html

Yep, looks like that's it, thanks!
(and, Joe, the beer was actually cold)
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:54:51 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus9483

Why, that's a can of beer, Ig. What's that strange object next to it, though?
-- Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything. -- Johann K. Lavater
ggy, I think it is a sharpening fixture for horizontal milling cutters. The bar on the bottom is a tooth indexer. Simple, but functional. Steve

Steve, I believe that you are 100% spot on.

Ignoramus9483 wrote:

Ig, I think this is the modern (made in China) version:
[http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetail.php?prod=endsharp ]
-AL A.
OK, guys, this is great, thanks a lot.
What sort of grinder does it require, though? Would it work with a grinder like baldor 500? see here
http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/Baldor-500-Diamond-Wheel-Grinder/ebayhist.html
(I no longer have it, but I have something similar by Rockwell, and I was surprised that my above page came up second in google search for "baldor 500")
Or does it need a special T&C grinder?

Ignoramus9483 wrote:

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/Baldor-500-Diamond-Wheel-Grinder/ebayhist.html
It is typically an accessory used on a tool & cutter grinder, like the KO Lee, and similar machines.
-Al A.
This is a low end rig that uses the horizontal mill itself as the grinder. The stone is mounted on an axle, which is then mounted in a drive collet. The stone is trued with a diamond mounted on the mill table. Ater that, this jig is mounted to the table with the dull cutter. Then the table is adjusted to present the cutter edges at the correct relief angle to the stone. The cut is then determined on the Z axis of the mill and one tooth at a time is fed under the stone taking as many cuts as required. They work very well, but are a pain to use because the entire mill must be rigged abnormally and protected from stone dust, unlike a tool grinder that is always ready to go, but if you don't have tool grinder........ Steve

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/Baldor-500-Diamond-Wheel-Grinder/ebayhist.html
    No!
    The grinder which it needs typically has a cup-shaped wheel (angled sides not cylindrical) and cuts on the "rim" of the cup.
    It is *not* a diamond grinder -- unless you are sharpening carbide milling cutters.
    It typically has the motor on a shaft which allows it to be elevated, the motor shaft to be tilted, and various other angles to be set.
    It will have a bed onto which the milling cutter holder which you have can be mounted.
    So -- what you have (and what you had) will do you no good for this.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

It's a beer, moron! ;-)
Oh, the other thing .......... looks like some sort of specialized pillow block.
Steve

    Looks to me to be a fixture for sharpening end mills and conventional mills. You do need a tool and cutter grinder to go with it. It looks to be an earlier design, as later ones use air bearings to allow the spindle to move. The finger of flat stock is used to support the edge of the cutter as it slides past the grinder wheel.
    Enjoy,         DoN.