What regulator is this

I have never seen a connector like this... Any idea?

Ignoramus15099

CO2 Regulator. It should have a fiber washer between the bottle and reg.

Reply to
Drew McEachren

It looks like a face seal fitting. There's an o-ring in the face of the mating fitting.

Ned Simmons

mattathayde had written this in response to

:

------------------------------------- Ignoramus15099 wrote:

looks like some one just put a blow off valve into an NPT fitting, that or an adapter of some sort. i would bet money that piece will come out and you will have a standard fitting

-matt

Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding - messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
mattathayde

Ignoramus15099 wrote in news:htWdnU9ghOdwRM7WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Inlet side? Have you ruled out CGA-320?

Charles U Farley

Nitrogen

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That was my original thought..but look at the high side gauge. CO2 only goes up to about 380 PSI in the tank.

Looks like Nitrogen, perhaps a phone company regulator for drying out phone cables

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I was going to say CO2 , my adapter for the MIG looks just like that .

Reply to
Snag

Those CGA fittings are often stamped with the CGA number somewhere on the fitting, though they can be a bit devious. Yours looks like it might have used a flat washer of Teflon or similar material as a seal.

Here are some references:

Reply to
Mike Henry

Flat like that looks like CO2 to me.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

My experience with CO2 regs supports that statement.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I was under the impression that CO2 only maxed out at something like 320 PSI in the tank. No?

Notice the reading of the high pressure gauge?

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

My CO2 tank is sittin' on 700 PSI at 65*f and my guage goes to 4k . This regulator set is the Lincoln add-on for the small wirefeed welders , and is also intended to be used with other shield gasses ... I'd hook up the C25 tank and see what pressure it's at , but I'm lazy .

Reply to
Snag

Hmm ... the gauges have "use no oil" on them, which suggests that they are for Oxygen. I don't think that I would want any kind of washer (other than annealed copper perhaps) on the high-pressure side of the regulator.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

In the UK currently about 230bar IIRC or about 3300psi on a full cylinder. PITA when they uprate the pressure and your old regulators are no longer suitable.

Reply to
David Billington

Hummm...I may well be wrong. Frankly..I seldom ever pay attention to the CO2 high side gauges on my Mig rigs..just the low side.

Anyone?

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I like that one - seems like I remember a like connector on a CO2 coke gas supply.

Only been 30 years.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Pondering on this for a moment..I believe I am wrong. I think I was thinking about propane tank pressures.

Cringe...sigh....somedays I get most everything right..but they are rare.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The fitting looks nothing like those for oxygen in one of the links I posted earlier. Maybe the original fitting was changed out.

Reply to
Mike Henry

That would not fit on an oxygen tank with the flat surface. Oxygen requires the fitting that has what looks like a nipple the size of your little finger. Argon, too. Argon CO2 too too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B