Mystery item holding a Hardinge 4C collet

any idea what is this?

Ignoramus10962

It's a simple draw tube and collet adapter for a lathe. The taper on the outside of the collet holder would fit the lathes spindle taper, whatever that may be.

Reply to
Pete C.

That's what I was thinking but it's pretty short for most of the lathes I'm familiar with. I might be a special drawbar for an endmill sharpener or similar. Looks like about a 1" shaft with a 1-3/8" hole for the start of the taper.

I w> Ignoramus10962 wrote:

Reply to
RoyJ

Thanks gents. I think that I understand now.

Ignoramus10962

Is this prep for a sale? i would like some end mills like in your photo

0000019 0002405
Reply to
Stupendous Man

I am sorry, what photos? Do you have a URL

Ignoramus16714

Go to your linked photo,

click "next" 6 times. Wrench lots 1 and 4 look useful too.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I will list that stuff, and the wrenches, soon. If you want to make me a fair offer on all of the wrenches and the indexable end mills, shipping will be 8.95. Wrenches are all brand name, Williams, Armstrong and Billings.

Ignoramus11444

Right, no guarantee it is for a lathe, could be for a horizontal mill. If it is a B&S taper, that would make the latter more likely.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Much more useful instructions.

The numbers you showed are two hit counters. I've never figured out why he runs two hit counters on each image. Perhaps one to see how many times an image has been viewed, and the other how many different IP addresses have visited the site -- or some other random guess.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Not much sense on a sale prep page, but one counter counts the individual page, and the other all pages in a group. My script does it./

Ignoramus11444
[ ... ]

The problem is that it only shows as a counter until the value is filled in. If you identified them as such, or use one of the usual hit counter image formats (like the Veeder-Root counter format) it might be more obvious to people that it is not a static identifier of the image -- and they might even pick up the URL from the browser's navigation bar instead. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Cool. Email me at my disposable then I will reply from my main email. "arborigine at yahoo dot com".

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Reply to
Ignoramus9014

The spindle holding the 4c collet is just like two of my 6 dividing heads. I made a new one to hold 5c collets and stored the old one in a drawer. That's why this guy has one laying around too. jb

Reply to
jb