Help--trying to find clamp

In the early 70's, I was running an Archdale radial arm drill for a manufacturer in Eugene Oregon. They had a pair of clamps on the table. About 10 inches tall. Long T bolt vertically through the middle. Had a rear projection at the bottom about 4 inches long with a flat foot, and an upper projection about

4 inches long that had an acme thread screw with a swivel foot (like a c-clamp). Sweet clamps---just slide down the t-slot, pivot the screw over the work. As the screw tightened it rocked back on the foot and things got held down.

These were cast, in the style of a cast c-clamp. NOT something that was machined or fabricated by the company.

I want a pair of them for an old Asquith drill I'm setting up in a repair shop---but I can't find them, or even really know what to call them!! Anybody have any ideas?

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

I have a big pan of clamps, may have something like that, will let you know.

Reply to

Like this?

formatting link

Reply to
Ned Simmons

"In the style of" the 1800 model, but they had more like 6" of opening and maybe 4" of throat. I can remember drilling through 4" heavy square tubing set on a pair of parallels---definitely more than 3 7/8" of height. A set of the 1800's would do a lot-- might have to give them a try. Thanks.


Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.