Richmond SR2 Radial Arm Drill

Can anyone give me the weight of a Richmond SR2 Radial Arm Drill - assessing transport and seeing if it's able to go on my max load 2.5
ton Ifor Williams trailer.
TIA
AWEM
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:08:09 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Just asked the lads in the Labs at work, who have one. We reckon somewhere between a ton and a ton and a half. It'll go on the trailer until you go around the first corner if you're not careful.
Regards Mark Rand RTFM

2.5
somewhere
you go

Thanks Mark. I reckon it's definately a table down to the floor job to keep the c of g as low as possible. A 2.2 ton tractor was rather interesting dragging it back from Suffolk the other month!
AWEM
Andrew Mawson wrote:

That must have make the fuel consumption dip somewhat.
A 2.2 ton tractor on a decent trailer must make a load not far shy of 3 tons. I remember my Volvo strained somewhat at a 1.5. ton CVA on a big trailer but that was a petrol engined towcar!
Charles

Drill -

load
until
job to

of
The interesting bit was I couldn't get the weight evenly distributed, as it had a foreloader that was off the tractor, and had to be threaded under it - too much weight to the rear, and very light steering. The TD5 Disco coped though I kept under 40 all the way back making me very popular!!!
AWEM

I had a Richmond horizontal mill and it was damned heavy for it's size, I scrapped it a couple of years ago I think that was about 1.5 tons. I would think 1.5 is probably a bit mean for a radial arm drill, but your 2.5 ton trailer should be adequate weight wise.
Richard
--- ---
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:10:09 +0100, Mark Rand wrote:

If you tie it down securely enough it might stay on the trailer but the trailer could end up on it's side. Some low down weight could help.
--
Neil - reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

reckon
distributed,
back
OK I bottled it and got in the professionals, so no squashed cyclists or Mini Coopers !!!!!
Anyone (Mark??????) got access to a manual for the Richmond SR2 ?
AWEM
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 17:26:19 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

I'll ask at work. Not likely, since no one at work can read, so they don't keep manuals. If all else fails. Tony's got one on lathes.co.uk (for a price).
Mark Rand RTFM