Richmond SR2 Radial Arm Drill

Can anyone give me the weight of a Richmond SR2 Radial Arm Drill - assessing transport and seeing if it's able to go on my max load 2.5 ton Ifor Williams trailer.

TIA

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Just asked the lads in the Labs at work, who have one. We reckon somewhere between a ton and a ton and a half. It'll go on the trailer until you go around the first corner if you're not careful.

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thanks Mark. I reckon it's definately a table down to the floor job to keep the c of g as low as possible. A 2.2 ton tractor was rather interesting dragging it back from Suffolk the other month!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That must have make the fuel consumption dip somewhat.

A 2.2 ton tractor on a decent trailer must make a load not far shy of

3 tons. I remember my Volvo strained somewhat at a 1.5. ton CVA on a big trailer but that was a petrol engined towcar!

Charles

Reply to
Charles

I had a Richmond horizontal mill and it was damned heavy for it's size, I scrapped it a couple of years ago I think that was about 1.5 tons. I would think 1.5 is probably a bit mean for a radial arm drill, but your 2.5 ton trailer should be adequate weight wise.

Richard

Richard Shute

Drill -

until

The interesting bit was I couldn't get the weight evenly distributed, as it had a foreloader that was off the tractor, and had to be threaded under it - too much weight to the rear, and very light steering. The TD5 Disco coped though I kept under 40 all the way back making me very popular!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If you tie it down securely enough it might stay on the trailer but the trailer could end up on it's side. Some low down weight could help.

Reply to
Neil

reckon

distributed,

OK I bottled it and got in the professionals, so no squashed cyclists or Mini Coopers !!!!!

Anyone (Mark??????) got access to a manual for the Richmond SR2 ?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I'll ask at work. Not likely, since no one at work can read, so they don't keep manuals. If all else fails. Tony's got one on lathes.co.uk (for a price).

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand