Radial drill, & things for sale

     I collected the little Arboga radial arm drill a couple of days ago, tonight helped my dinner down by using it to drill 100 13/32" holes
in 5mm angle. I was concerned about the working height as the table is fixed at a fairly low level. Yes, I was stooping a bit, but in other respects I found the job easier than with the pedestal drill. something to do with visibility, and being able to push down on the drill arm rather than pull it towards me? I *might* set the machine on some 4" timbers to see how that goes, but no more than that. It's a nice machine, has seen a bit more service than I thought but almost none at all in the last 5 years. The geared head was a bit noisy until I oiled it - it was probably bone dry! There's a coolant/cutting oil system on it, the sump was dry but for some brittle/sticky brown stuff, like treacle toffee, remaining. It must be a *long* time since that was used! Neat little work light fixed under the head, but the plastic lens had had its day.. A little 12Volt 20W halogen downlighter for a fiver from the electrical shop makes a tidy replacement for that. If anyone has any maintenance instructions for these, I'd be very glad of a copy (expenses paid, etc..)
The chap who sold it to me has a J&S 540 surface grinder, and a double ended tool grinder (the type with two proper angled tables) for sale, he's open to quite modest offers. email me if you're interested (Warrington area). I've now got a tidy Fobco 10-eight pillar drill for sale (3MT, 1.5hp 3-phase, 10 speed 50 to 2600 rpm, DC injection brake, geared rise & fall table). Isn't there someone here who has a garage they need to fill?
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

No, no, no, I'm not listening. I must resist temptation like this, or I'll fill it five times over before I even move in <G>
Regards
Kevin
PS drop me an e-mail with the estimated prices of the grinders -just for reference of course