What are those collets?

Any ideas? thanks

Ignoramus32042

Look like tool-holding collets for milling machines. I've got something similar with either 30-taper or 40-taper holder shank. The problem is that there are quite a few which are similar, so it would need precise dimensions to be sure.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

FG series ( FULL GRIP )

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

That looks like a nice tool post grinder as well - a few pages on.

I have a nice one for my machine. Grinding likes an oil drip for a fine edge.

They seem to be to long for some double angle.

Can you tell the manufacture stamp on the collets ?

Mart> >> Any ideas? thanks

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

DIN 6388

PrecisionmachinisT

Wow! You are truly awesome!

Ignoramus32042

It looks like the same one which I have for my 12x24" Clausing. You've got some parts which I don't, including the holder for mounted stones on 1/8" shanks. I forget the count of the different wheels which come with it -- but you can still order them from DuMore -- and you can download the manual.

O.K. Looking at the label on the motor, this one (like mine) takes five pulleys total,and it looks as though you have #s 1, 3, and 5.

I don't see any of the flat belts. You do have the shatter guard for the larger wheels, but it appears to be missing the side plate.

The belt guard goes on the crank pointing to the right, and you should have a wing nut for that.

Are you showing everything which was in the chest?

A convenient thing to make after you make a T-nut for your compound is to make a spacer ring which fits around the post to hold the height of the spindle so its center line matches that of the lathe's spindle.

And, of course you probably know -- cover everything you can with something like oil wetted newspaper before starting to grind, to protect the precision surfaces of your lathe from the grit.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Reply to
Ignoramus19535

Same here, Iggy. I look forward to the next trip -- maybe sooner this time, if those business meetings I had in the Chicago area work out. I have more work to do to convert you to real beer.

Those were two very interesting young guys who showed up just before I left. It's great to see kids of that age really passionate about metalworking.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Yep, interesting people.

Ignoramus19535