What is this follow rest for

Ignoramus32042

"Ignoramus32042" <

Lathe follow rest. It mounts on the carriage.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Thanks, the question is what lathe.

Ignoramus19535

"Ignoramus19535" <

Only God knows ......... ;>)}

Reply to
Phil Kangas

I didn't have one on my Sheldon - bought a Logan.

Do a center to center on the holes for one. Do a center height from the holes.

Mart> >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Certainly not my Clausing 5418. That one has machined flats on the tops of the side arms on the carriage, and the steady for that bolts to the top of the flats.

The one shown has holes from side to side, to bolt onto the side of the carriage -- probably down between the ways.

Looks like a nice one, however.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols