Mystery follow rest?

I got something odd here. Any idea what his may be for? It looks like a follow rest.

Thanks!!!

Ignoramus1032

Someone on PM suggested that this is for a Pratt and Whitney lathe.

Look on the floor under the lathe.

Ignoramus25883

We also need a picture of the bottom of the item, with a scale in the picture.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I will post it as soon as I get it, which will be next week.

Ignoramus25883

It looks like a device that I saw used once to straighten out a bent front tube on a motorcycle. It was mounted on a lathe like bed but there were other pieces to mount the tube at the ends.

GL2

Reply to
TwoGuns

Definitly a travelling steady , from which lathe I have no idea.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)