Any idea what is this for

Ignoramus14389

Ignoramus14389 fired this volley in news:Xo-dnVwGDutuKrrXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You didn't include a scale, but it looks like a tire patch buffer wheel.

Used to rough up the inside of a tire for a boot, or a tube for a patch.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

That's what it looks like to me, as well. Been awhile since seeing one.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 07:02:59 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus14389 scrawled the following:

It's 4 or 4-1/2" in diameter, right? It's for carving/grinding, probably on wood or plastic. (If it's smaller, it may fit a Merlin grinder from King Arthur Tools.)

Is it carbide chips painted a copper color, or is that poorly-exposed red? It's similar to a Kutzall disc I have (the silver one below.)

Larry Jaques

Tire patch buffing wheel.

Reply to
Tim

Thanks guys... This is for sure "it"...

Ignoramus14389

Hemorrhoid remover.

Reply to
Buerste

Tire buffer cup. Used on a low speed tool to buff the inner liner of a tire to attach a tire patch.

Reply to
Steve W.

That would explain the 25,000 RPM limit...

Reply to
Pete C.

If you were to use it on wood or tile/ceramics you might be able to get it to do useful work at 25,000.

On a rubber tire liner (which is where I usually see this style of cup rasp used) a much lower top speed would be effective.

And consider that the limit was placed on the cutter by the lawyers.

If they don't put any limit on it, some inDUHvidual is going to say "Get the laser tachometer, Hold my beer, and lets see how fast we can spin this puppy before it grenades and kills Kenny..."

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Kenny gets killed way too often.

Reply to
Wes

You Bastards!!! ;-P

(I was wondering if anyone was paying attention - Okay, that's at least one...)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman