10 HP Quincy QR-25 compressor for $25? Possible?

The answer is a resounding YES:

Ignoramus18155

I hate you

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I even hate myself!

Do you think that it is a 370 or 390 head?

Also note that it is laid out in a strange manner, with motor on the left.

Ignoramus18155

Wanna buy this Quincy? Only $400

Reply to
Ignoramus2853

This is the first time I see this layout. I have seen and sold quite a few compressors and the motor was always on the right.

Ignoramus2853

My guess $400 if you pick up at terminal.

Reply to
Ignoramus2853

yep

most likely the cap. repeat test with belt removed.

Reply to
Ignoramus2853

Be careful. It looks even more top heavy than many others. Let it flip and it is not even worth the $25.00 :-)

And -- it looks as though it is currently bolted to the floor.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

DoN, I have not yet picked it up. I was just now looking at the pictures of Quincy compressors, trying to determine if this is a 340, 370, or

390 QR-25 pump.

Here are pictures of my own compressor QR-25 340 pump:

Here are pictures of Model 390 pump that I sold a while ago:

Here's the compressor that I won last week but have not picked up:

Unlike mine, this one has a double row of intercooler lines and two tall valves (mine has one tall and one short).

But, 390 head also would probably look more massive. So, I think that it is 60% likely a 370 head, 20% 340 and 20% model 390.

This compressor is not bolted to the floor, it is bolted to 4x4s, which is nice.

If this is indeed a 370 pump, then it may be quieter than my 340 pump, as it is larger and would run at a lower RPM.

Maybe I will swap it for mine. My Quincy 340 pump is eligible for retirement and Social Security benefits, being about 63 years old.

Ignoramus2853

An Obama pressor. Should work great for Iggy. He kinda likes that guy.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Does "compressor" stand for "communist pressor"?

Reply to
Ignoramus3845

And just recently you claimed the high price of Syncrowave 250's were because of the great Obama economy. So, what's with the $25 Quincy compressors, maybe the Obama economy isn't so great? Maybe the newborns that voted for Obama woke up?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I have not yet brought it home, so I cannot tell. It may be all messed up.

In general, Sycnrowave 250s are desired by businesses who make money, and old Quincys may not be so desired. I think that it is a 1960s or at best 1970s compressor.

Say, I bring it home, unload, mess with it for three hours, buy some missing doodads, and get $400 for it. It is not really that great.

In general, great deals mostly dried up.

Ignoramus3845

Rodger - are you always an asshole, or was there a time when you could hold a conversation on some topic without starting an argument?

Reply to
.

"RogerN" wrote

Maybe the newborns

Sorry. Newborns are not allowed to vote. Dead people on the other hand ......................................

Reply to
Steve B

Since Roger would grant fetuses full human rights, does that mean a pregnant woman can vote twice?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

He probably would not want her to vote even once.

Ignoramus3845