Anybody have any thoughts on which are the better books for learning Solidworks 2008?

Anybody have any thoughts on which are the better books for learning Solidworks

2008? I would appreciate any input. Thanks
Reply to
vega

I use an old drafting book and the tutorials. I also just took a class at my local community college.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

The best is to go through the included tutorials (Help > SolidWorks Tutorials). Then refer to various sites/blogs containing SolidWorks tips, tricks and tutorials. For any problem/query, first try to look in help file. If you are not satisfied start asking people. You can also refer to SolidWorks Bible by Matt Lombard.

Deepak Gupta SW2009 SP3.0 SW2007 SP5.0

Engineer

There is a great DVD and/or online training from Inspirtech. From the testimonials it seems people that have struck out with books really love this type of training.

(its actually a SolidWorks Partner)

Neil

Reply to
Neil

If you spent your schooldays playing computer games then you will probably learn best by watching a demonstration.

But if you enjoy reading books then the original User Guides will give you the best understanding and thus an ability to plan your job appropriately and find your way out of any traps you run into. Bookreaders can accomodate the changes in user interface and bits that have been tacked on over the years.

Reply to
johnsuth

The reason I suggested a mechanical drafting book is that you get hundred objects and several assemblies to model and the book does not tell you how to do them with cad. The tutorial will give you clues as to several ways to approach each model. I think repetition is important for fluency. A class at your local communit college would not hurt either.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

You might also look at the resources page at

manager

But there's a thousand ways to do a simple part- it is important to learn efficiency early on than waste time exploring avenues at random. I would nominate Matt Lombard's works as well.

Reply to
raamman