Solidworks reactivation

My copy of SW is demanding reactivation. I offered it the email response file I used only a few months ago but the transaction failed.

What might be happening and what might I try?

Reply to
johnsuth

Contact your VAR, they will deal with this.

Reply to
Willem1

i have seen this mostly on XP32 computers about 50+ times on different versions of SWx. i had it pop up on one system at least once a week. i spent way too much time on this with my VAR also trying to find the issue. in the end my VAR told me that this was caused by something i did on the computers, how i installed SWx, how i customized the computer, anything but SWx or their fault. i finally gave up. it did still let me go through the motions of web re-activations though even though it still gave me the big installations message on multiple computers. i am sure i was racking up the activations at SWx corp on this specific serial number. i never tried to do the re-activation via email on these XP32 systems. i am using XP64 today with email activations and have not seen it since (my XP64 systems do not have internet access, so no web activations). iQ

Reply to
iQ

Strange, I've used SW since 2007, and even with computer upgrades and upgrading each release, I've never had SW 'loose' its activation.

Glad its fixed for you now tho, that would drive me nucking futs..

Reply to
tnik

What anti-virus are you using? What firewall?

Reply to
manager