Re: SolidWorks 2007

Met with the Arizona VAR for SolidWorks on Thursday.

> truly a remarkable release and I'm very impressed.

A truly remarkable example of a self important moron. Wait until he tries to use it or a new ad catches his philandering eye. The honeymoon will be short-lived and Solidworks will be the bitch again through no fault of her own. Well maybe some fault but he'll never know.

Reply to
little bit

I am pleased with this release as well-at least the demo's I've seen. Been really busy and have not used it yet in the heat of battle. am looking forward to the new surfacing capabilities, DARN-I was just getting really good at hacking and whacking..............

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Oh... it is!?!?!? So, you concluded this from a DEMO!?? Wow,.. should we be surprised?? NO! Ghawd, you're so full of total clueless demo BS! Ok, again, we are not surprised but,.. how can you, I mean,.. you still have NO freaking idea what the f%#@ you are talking about!!!

Anyhow, here's a clue,... it is NOT a seamless, unified, hybrid modeler, there are still many features which do NOT allow the user to "directly" manipulate and/or share data (imported or native). For instance, you can NOT directly manipulate a surface in SW (well it's very limited and "only" if it's a 4 sided)! Le'me'guess,.. if you "believe" (that is, buzzword = truth) the new "Freeform" feature does this,...well, guess what,.. demo's lie (surprised!?).

Oh, and,.. what about seamless/unified/hybrid CAM,... third party, right?

Yep, they and everyone else will eventually have more direct/shared data access,...

Ok, go ahead, twist it around,... DDDemo Dude!

..

Paul Salvador

Were you wearing rose coloured elton jon glasses? Ah yes, we see what we want to see based on what we hope,... or think we may believe,.. or your demo based schisms has evolved into a twisted reality?

Faith based CAD/CAM, that's the ticket!!!

.. (sorry everyone, blah, blah, blah,...)

Reply to
Paul Salvador

iQ here.

i have found something out about this accidentally. i had one personal home system that was running Vista. SolidWorks would not work in it because it was purchased before SWx had a vista version. so we waited until one became available. we installed 2008 when it was supporting vista. this individual who owned the computer was laid off and per company policy the software needed to be uninstalled. i was able to acquire the computer later and i installed a 2007 version on the computer, and it works. i am at SP0.0 still and it works without a hitch. i have SP2.2 that i am waiting to install because the software seems to be running very good at SP0.0 with no crashing or any kind of issue. i may not install SP 2.2 unless i see that there is an issue.

now this may be a fluke but it is working just fine here. what ever allowed 08 to run in vista is still there to allow 07 to run on this computer.

my 2=A2 worth. iQ

Reply to
iQ

You can run older software in 32-bit mode in Vista 64-bit, right? Or maybe you are running the 32-bit version of Vista and didn't know it?

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

this computer is running vista32. iQ

Reply to
iQ

Yea, vista support was pre-released in SP 4.0, then finalized at 5.0 iirc. Probably some DLL files that just needed updated and probably stuck around after iQ reverted back to 2007.

Reply to
tnik