moving a drawing baord from one system to the other?

Hi,

I wan't to put my drawing board from an old computer to a new one. I'm using an custum made template on the drawing board. My old system is acad R14 and my new one is acad 2005 version.

Can I do this by copying some files from the old system to the new one.

Or can someone explane me how this works so I can find out what to do.

TXS

P.s. the drawing board is working on the new computer, but I can't use the functions on the drawing board.

WFR

Peter

Reply to
happy fredje

What is a "drawing board' in relation to AutoCAD? Have you looked up "migration" in the 2005 help?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I assume the OP has a tablet, probably a CalComp DrawingBoard II or DrawingBoard III model. What's required is to install the same driver he was using successfully on his old setup. However, to answer his question, no, it can't be done by simply "copying files" from one machine to another. The Windows installation process is necessary in order to set up the necessary Registry keys.

Once it's set up and working as a pointing device in Windows, it needs to be selected as the pointing device in AutoCAD, and then configured (TABLET / CFG commands) to use the various menus and screen pointing area. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

A bit more info:

If the tablet is working as a pointing device in '2005 and it's only the commands on the custom template that aren't working, then you *do* need to copy the .mns and/or the .mnu file(s) you were using with R14, then recompile them in AutoCAD (with the MENU command). Since there are a number of differences in syntax between R14 and '2005, some of the custom commands may still not work; this you'll need to fix by editing the .mnu or .mns files after you transfer them to the new machine. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Hi,

I did this but I lost all the menu's of acad 2005. I need some more detailed info

TXS

Wfr

Peter

"happy fredje" schreef in bericht news:TxVSg.101418$ snipped-for-privacy@phobos.telenet-ops.be...