Inserting "Sketch Picture" with tranaprent backgroud?

Hello,

I am reverse engineering a forged part and have two sources of design: the actual part and some drawings.

I have taken photos of the part, made the background white and inserted them in SW2006 using ?Sketch Picture? and scaled and positioned it so it overlaps the part I am working on.

I have also scanned the drawings and done a similar thing.

I know I can make the SW model transparent as well as the Sketch Pictures transparent, but what I want to know is if you can get SW2006 to process a GIF or TIFF file that has a transparent background built into it? I have tried it but the transparent background appears black in SW2006 default settings. Maybe there is a SW viewport background setting that may allow transparency in GIF/TIFF files to be processed correctly. Anyone?

Cheers

Bull

-- Internal Virus Database is out-of-date. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.361 / Virus Database: 266.0.0/162 - Release Date: 5/11/2005

Reply to
Bulklman

REPOST WITH LAZY TYPING ERRORS CORERCTED

[...]

Bullman

Save the image out as a separate jpeg or gif, and use "User defined transparency" This uses the channel as a transparency

Reply to
parel

AHHH!!! I must be blind. How did I miss all those transparency options??!! I had only remembered the "User defined" option, but on looking again, there is an option in the "Sketch Picture" dialog box called "From File".

Now that is what makes the transparency layer IN the image file transparent in SW. This is such a handy feature! Go SW!

Thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious to the bleeding stupid.

Bullman