A Sad Day for CAD/CAM

It is with a heavy heart that I report the untimely passing of our dear friend and Dulledge blog celebrity Jon Banquer. Jon was killed in a testing mishap while reviewing a new solid modeling product for our Dulledge blog. We had asked Jon to write a review of this product

. Given Jon's expertise with related products such as Etch-A-Sketch and Magna Doodle we felt he was the natural choice to review Aqua Dots.

Jon's professionalism and attention to detail were to be his undoing when it came to this product. During the ever important taste test portion of Jon's trials, he was posoned by what turned out to be a very dangerous new modeling tool.

The Dulledge blog caught up with CAD/CAM gadfly Cliff Huprich at an anti-Bush peace rally (photo

) An obviously distrught Huprich offered these comments: "Oh my! What a loss." "I have to sit down" Mr. Huprich sobbed. "I have to rethink my life", sighed Huprich. "I may have to give up usenet now. What would be the point in going on?" Clearly Jon's passing will reverberate throughout our tight knit community.

I will post arrangements as soon as they are available. Meanwhile Tom Brewer and Joe788 have tentative plans to hold a memorial pizza party and pig roast at a Chevy's in San Diego.

Reply to
Fettucini

snipped-for-privacy@dulledge.com wrote in news:9uo7j3tgctpi27hd04gv64o93tlja2v13n@

4ax.com:

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply to
Anthony

That REALLY did make me laugh!!!

With the sunshine this morning and your witty article, it's starting off as a good day. :-)

Nice one!!

Reply to
pete

That was ever-loving choice! Even Jon would have to agree.

Whoever created that should stand up and take a bow (was that you Barn?).

Reply to
BottleBob

Ahh, but do not lose hope. My prediction is that as a Phoenix, he will once again rise in some form that may not look familiar to us as the Jon we have come to know and love, but yet under the new plumage, it will become evident that our beloved Jon is once again with us. Stand and watch for the time is surely short.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

To deplete stolen pizza, hotdog cart & demo disk inventory there is a tentative Memorial Pizza Party, Wienie Roast & used CAD/CAM demo disk sale, date and Chevy's location TBD.

Proceeds will be used for a Potter's Field upgrade to Cardboard Coffin and/or grave marker.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Wouldn't the humanitarian thing be to donate the body to science? For research on B. coli (Banquerichiae coli, the bacterium that causes banqueritis), which appears to be the root cause of all ADHD, fidgeting, truancy, poor reading comprehension, 16 1/2 hours/day-365days/year the spasmodic beating of one's meat, manic mumbling, and the eventual dropping out of school? Not to mention really bad itching.....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

You know, that's really tasteless to spoof a dead guy's headers like that.

"I killed that goat-man with the pipes," Tom dead-panned

Reply to
Tom Accuosti

OMG! Dead men Do blead!

Reply to
Half-nutz

I'm shocked that you would ever suspect me of harassing or poking fun at the insane. It's so beneath me. :)

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

snipped-for-privacy@dulledge.com wrote in news:9uo7j3tgctpi27hd04gv64o93tlja2v13n@

4ax.com:

Ooof. Some things once seen can't be "un-seen".

You get a mental image of people that you can't see. DJ's, writers, and people on usenet. Cliff, you need to post a picture of yourself. Otherwise you'll always be "Code Pink Cliffie" when I'm reading something you wrote.

BTW, it cant be a good thing when your belly button hangs below the knee. Somebody needs a "PV pole" and a salad.

Aqua Dots, what a hoot.

Reply to
D Murphy

product

Given Jon's expertise with related

When I started reading this post, I couldn't help but think, "Hmm, this is in poor taste to say the kook is dead....."

Then I got to the part about the Aqua Dots! HAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Reply to
Joe788

Joe:

Actually, I had a similar response. I wasn't quite awake yet when I read it, so I didn't notice the "Dulledge" thing. It wasn't until I looked at the first website that it hit me. That made it all the MORE funny that *I* had been temporarily sucked in. LMAO!

I'd still like to know who did it. Will the real author please stand up.

Reply to
BottleBob