July 21, 1969

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.boeing.com
Note to self: STop reading this newsgroup at lunchtime with a mouthful of Diet Coke.
"I'm Bill Sullivan and I approve this message."
Reply to
The Rocket Scientist
fred: good one........B)
I also liked the " We can put a man on the moon but we can't bomb a tiny asian country back to the stone age" .....
hehehehhe
shockie B)
Reply to
shockwaveriderz
Ah-hah!!! This proves it's a hoax! The picture says it is NEIL ARMSTRONG by the flag!
David Erbas-White
Reply to
David Erbas-White
If you believe that sort of thing....
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
As if they weren't already.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
SSSCCCRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
Reply to
Gene Costanza
The Space Place New Millennium Calendar from JPL/NASA
July 20, 1969 : Niel Armstrong is the First Human to Walk on the Moon.
Reply to
starlord
I'm picturing my redneck brother and his cohorts working for NASA.
-- Carl D Cravens ( snipped-for-privacy@phoenyx.net) Wichita, Kansas, US -- Read my model rocketry journal at
Carl D Cravens
I remember that day: my dad took my brothers and I to a AA/GS show at E-town. Stone-Woods-Cook, Big John Mazmanian, etc. Most of the cars ran a 10% nitro load, too (it wasn't competition so rules were "bent"). It was cool to see the '34 Fords and the gamut of Willys-bodied cars with 5' long flames out of those "Swoopie" headers. The announcer stopped the action to say we had landed on the moon. I didn't bring my 126 camera that day. Too bad.
Reply to
Gene Costanza
Yes. Your point?
That a newspaper should be published with an article reporting an event before an event takes place?
??
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
Reply to
Fred Shecter
I don't think Armstrong really used that kind of language, this article might be some sort of hoax.
Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef TrailerTrashAerospace
Reply to
Jim
I don't know....I sure heard a lot of bleeps during their transmissions.
:-)
John
Reply to
John Stein
And of course, The Onion is well known for it's accuracy in reporting...
What's to doubt?
tah
Reply to
hiltyt