July 21, 1969

Note to self: STop reading this newsgroup at lunchtime with a mouthful of Diet Coke.

"I'm Bill Sullivan and I approve this message."

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

fred: good one........B)

I also liked the " We can put a man on the moon but we can't bomb a tiny asian country back to the stone age" .....

hehehehhe

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Ah-hah!!! This proves it's a hoax! The picture says it is NEIL ARMSTRONG by the flag!

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

If you believe that sort of thing....

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

As if they weren't already.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

SSSCCCRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Reply to
Gene Costanza

The Space Place New Millennium Calendar from JPL/NASA

July 20, 1969 : Niel Armstrong is the First Human to Walk on the Moon.

Reply to
starlord

I'm picturing my redneck brother and his cohorts working for NASA.

-- Carl D Cravens ( snipped-for-privacy@phoenyx.net) Wichita, Kansas, US -- Read my model rocketry journal at

Carl D Cravens

I remember that day: my dad took my brothers and I to a AA/GS show at E-town. Stone-Woods-Cook, Big John Mazmanian, etc. Most of the cars ran a

10% nitro load, too (it wasn't competition so rules were "bent"). It was cool to see the '34 Fords and the gamut of Willys-bodied cars with 5' long flames out of those "Swoopie" headers. The announcer stopped the action to say we had landed on the moon. I didn't bring my 126 camera that day. Too bad.
Reply to
Gene Costanza

Yes. Your point?

That a newspaper should be published with an article reporting an event before an event takes place?

??

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I don't think Armstrong really used that kind of language, this article might be some sort of hoax.

Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef TrailerTrashAerospace

Reply to
Jim

I don't know....I sure heard a lot of bleeps during their transmissions.

:-)

Reply to
John Stein

And of course, The Onion is well known for it's accuracy in reporting...

What's to doubt?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt