Hornby july Newsletter

Looks like std 4 is on its way this month.

Wonder if the Barbon Hill quarry on the Ellis and Everard wagon is near Bardon Hill or is this a Hornby 20p ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Think it should be Bardon Hill - see:

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thought so as well, but have they got it correct on the model ? Very interesting site youve linked to there, been to Bardon a few times but lots of new info thanks.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I expect they are avoiding trademarks and things, a sort of Skaledale approach to privateer wagons.

Bardon Hill was a customer of mine time upon a once, I used to be a control systems programmer writing asphalt plant control systems.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

wouldnt have thought so as the wagon is getting on a bit - real one that is - theres one in Snibston museum.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Doubt it, especially as they're using the Ellis & Everard name on the wagon - reckon it's just a gaff.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Or maybe they are fans of the Barbon hillclimb :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

If the mistake is confined to the picture then recon I'll take 3 or 4 being as wot theyre local, could fill them with the correct stone :-) John - if you find out can you let me know ?

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

I'll see what I can find out. They've not appeared in stock as yet.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

R6442 'Ellis & Everard' 5-plank wagons just arrived in stock. They are correctly letter 'Bardon Hill'.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Have to have some of these, will look nice as a mineral train loaded with authentic stone from Bardon - need good hammer though. Occured to me that as have a number of PO wagons from local collieries, could say that each has a load of coal collected from the actual site of each colliery - now that would sound real rivet couning !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon