Very Cheap Jouef Industrial? Shunter

Has anyone seem these extremely cheap Jouef shunting locos? They have a catalogue number HJ800100 and come with a wagon in a blister pack.

You seem to be able to get the pack for under GBP 15. They could be quite useful for industrial, or freelance locos, or perhaps as a chassis for some other kind of project. Has anyone seen them run?

Reply to
Gerald H

Not this one, but I had some Jouef back in then 80s. OK but noisy running. May be improved, but at 15GPB I have my doubts. The molding is obviously very simple (== cheap).

It's HO scale, you may decide that the wagon looks OK next to UK outline wagons.

HTH wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

The model is simple with no glass in the windows and no lights. It picks up current on all 4 wheels, and has a low top end speed.

The model is somewhat noisy.

A page about the model:

1984 parts diagramme:
Note that HJ800100 has the following changes from the diagramme: belt drive replaced by spur gears (one on the motor, one on the axle) no light rigid NEM pocket couplers instead of screwed on couplers

Ola Trygve Kvitle

Reply to
Ola Trygve Kvitle

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:09:30 +1300, Ola Trygve Kvitle wrot= e:

Is it possible to obtain spares for old Jouef/Playcraft? I have an old 2-8-0 (1-4-0C) with a broken tender bogie sideframe. It holds the axles through it's springyness so it's not easily repaired by gluing.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter
  1. Has anyone detailed this model and if so can we some pictures.
  2. Is there space to add a DCC module?

Peter S.

url:

Peter Silver