BR Std 4 2-6-0

I've been away from the hobby for a while. Does anyone make a RTR 00 BR Std 4 2-6-0 yet, or is anyone rumoured to be introducing one?

Reply to
Looy23

Best rumour is the possibility (only possibility, mind you) that Bachmann may look at doing it based on the Ivatt 2-6-0 chassis, either late next year, or in 2006 (which is more likely ;-)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

I'd rather see a class 2 2-6-0. Better still the Ivatt version.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Bachmann have announced that they will be doing the Ivatt Class 4 2-6-0 next year. Its surely a simple matter for them to also produce a Standard 4, which would use the same chassis. Either that, or a conversion at home would be relatively easy.

Reply to
John Ruddy

John Ruddy wrote:-

I think someone also suggested they could do a Fairburn from the Standard Tank but so far they seem dead set against it.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Blatant me too post. I would love an Ivatt 2-6-0 Class 2. I do have one of the Hornby models from the 70's, but it just doesnt cut it detail wise any more, so doesnt run.

Reply to
John Ruddy