A Month Behind... and its ok.

Well, the Hurco isn't perfect, but its a lot better. I've had it busy the last couple days roughing 4140HT parts to go onto the little Speedmasters and I am starting to see that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train. Now here is the thing, I've got almost a 3 month backlog of work because of this particular job and the big mill being down for a month until I decided what level of ok I was willing to live with before starting it back up to cut parts. I'm two weeks beyond the estimated lead time on this particular job, and I just let the customer know I am going to be another two weeks atleast to finish and ship their parts complete. Their response? Ok. If you still want to do this kind of work we have another order about the same size to place as soon as you are done. In the words of Gunner, "Blink! Blink! Blink!"

I'm gonna have to raise my prices.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

And you're worth thrice what you charge! An old machinist told me that to estimate a job, get all the facts and figures and figure your labor. THEN triple your labor charge. That way you won't lose so much money on the job.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yeah, that's about right.

Reply to