Calling all birthers

Do you think the liars will apologize now?

Ignoramus14859

No.

As a matter of fact, Donald Trump is very busy being proud of himself for accomplishing what no one else has been able to accomplish. But, he says, he'll have to examine the document to make sure it's authentic.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Sure, if you consider saying that they are sorry he didn't do this long ago an apology.

Obama's citizenship or birth have never seriously been in question. Hillary Clinton's people started all of this during the 2008 primary campaign. Sarah Palin and the nut job pee partiers latched on to it because they are stupid.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

His grandmother claims she was present at his birth in Kenya. Is that the liar you're talking about?

Reply to
.

Ha-ha! Are you kidding? Trump is already crowing. That's after he told Anderson Cooper a couple of days ago that he had information that the original record was "lost."

Now the rest of the country has seen what those of us in the NYC area have known for years: Trump is a phony and a con man, a self-promoter who cares about nothing but himself. And his hair.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I am talking about Republican liars.

You are presenting the "grandmother" story as if it was an established fact, but it is not an established fact.

Republicans probably invented the story about "grandmother" also. I would not personally let any of them hold on to my wallet even for a millisecond.

Ignoramus14859

No she didn't. That was the edited translation by Jerome Corsi, the documented liar and sensationalist author.

More like Trump claiming he had "information" that Obama's original record was "lost," or that he has "investigators" in Hawaii. No one can find any evidence they exist, nor anyone they have talked to in Hawaii. They must be awfully small...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"It may have been good politics and good TV, but it was bad for the American people and distracting from the many challenges we face as a country."

It certainly distracted a lot of people from his genuine shortcomings, so thanks a lot birthers.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

What is really disgusting, is Republicans repeating these lies and trying to nonchalantly pass them up as established facts.

I certainly would not trust my wallet to Trump. Bankruptcies seem to follow him around like flies follow certain things.

Ignoramus14859

It's a revival, actually. That's what the Yellow Press was all about for a century or more. Thomas Jefferson even complained about it.

For a long while, from the middle of the last century until the last two decades, when the press became "professionalized" and a lot more responsible, it became hard to pull off those games. Everybody read or watched the same things, so when the liars would get caught, everyone would know about it. Scooping the stories about such things became a central function of the press.

Now we have at least 54 alternate realities on the Web, alone, so your feet never have to touch the ground at all.

Not everyone has a taste for Trump. I enjoyed his antics when he was divorcing his wives and taking up with new ones; Marla Maples was particularly entertaining.

But he's known out here as a con man and self-promoting egomaniac, so he's best enjoyed from a distance. This Birther escapade was probably the lowest thing he's done.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The "grandmother story" came about due to an interpreter's misinterpretating her during an interview...a moment later the grandmother emphatically corrected the interpreter, stating that without a doubt she was in Kenya at the time of Obama's birth, and that Obama, was born in Hawaii

It's just that the right wing nut jobs always tend to lie about it, ignoring the correction...in some cases probably even editing it out of the interview audio..

Here's the conversation:

MCRAE: Could I ask her about his actual birthplace? I would like to see his birthplace when I come to Kenya in December. Was she present when he was born in Kenya?

OGOMBE: Yes. She says, yes, she was, she was present when Obama was born.

MCRAE: When I come in December. I would like to come by the place, the hospital, where he was born. Could you tell me where he was born? Was he born in Mombasa?

OGOMBE: No, Obama was not born in Mombasa. He was born in America.

MCRAE: Whereabouts was he born? I thought he was born in Kenya.

OGOMBE: No, he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was going to go by and see where he was born.

OGOMBE: Hawaii. Hawaii. Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii. In the state of Hawaii, where his father was also learning, there. The state of Hawaii.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

And from his strengths as well.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

It is a photocopy, you moron.

What it "isn't", is a Photostat. A process that made negative copies.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

You snipped the rest of the text, where it is clarified that she was in Kenya and Obama was born in US.

Republicans like you give the remaining 10% of them a bad reputation.

America.

Reply to
Ignoramus14859

The copy would have to be made onto blank anti-counterfeit paper. I never saw that done with old documents but it might be standard procedure.

Why is the watermark pattern blurred on the curve of the original?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Clearly they used special paper distinctly watermarked for African American's of Kenyan birth! Especially future President's of the United States.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

It doesn't. It is an optical illusion. Download the pdf and zoom in. You will see that the bars in the safety paper don't curve.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

It's over. Get over it, Tom. If you keep it up you'll just wind up sounding like one of the birther nutbags.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Right wingers have to be real careful how they phrase anything, because left wingers will manage to take it the wrong way every time.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso