Calling all birthers

While that standard would have disqualified Obama and Clinton, it would not have prevented the election of Carter, Nixon, or Lyndon Johnson.

Reply to
Doug Miller

And I'm still waiting for Washington's school records and birth certificate.

(Gunner wouldn't lie to me; would he?) Cheers,

John D. Slocomb (jdslocombatgmail)

Reply to
J. D. Slocomb

Where is my copy of Geo. Washington's birth certificate and school records that you said had been published?

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb (jdslocombatgmail)

Reply to
J. D. Slocomb

Stop changing the subject.

You made the specific claim that a birth certificate is required. When challenged to substantiate that, you can't. All you can do is continually change the subject, in a feeble attempt to distract attention from the fact that you made a false claim that you can't back up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Stop changing the subject.

You made the specific claim that a birth certificate is required. When challenged to substantiate that, you can't. All you can do is continually change the subject, in a feeble attempt to distract attention from the fact that you made a false claim that you can't back up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Sometimes Gunner loses sphincter control, Doug. It just won't stop flowing. Stay clear.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

So what?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's because you didn't answer the question. And that's because you found out that you were full of crap, and immediately went into your little dance.

He asked first. Then we can get to your butthead misunderstanding of "natural born," as it's been decided by the courts. I've already provided links and quotes from the relevent Supreme Court cases.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You lose, Gunner. You completely dodged his question and then danced around with diversions.

I'd post the score, but your numbers on the losing side produce a nasty line break.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch on Mon, 02 May 2011 20:56:23 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Or "would". Some folks didn't take to the idea of keeping track. Say the illiterate or the underclass. Hells bells, I'm sure there are even today, people who only recorded the birth of their children in order to report it to the welfare office.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

There you go, changing the subject again. I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim that candidates are required to produce their birth certificates.

Reply to
Doug Miller

So what's the point of creating additional qualifications for the office, if they don't serve to weed out the incompetent or the dishonest?

Reply to
Doug Miller

No, actually, that would be you -- refusing to respond to a simple request: prove your claim that candidates are required to produce birth certificates.

You can't do that, and you know it, so you keep changing the subject, trying to distract attention, anything to avoid admitting that you were wrong.

Reply to
Doug Miller

That's pretty funny, Gummer, considering that the whole thing started with

*your* false claim that candidates are required to produce birth certificates to prove their citizenship -- a claim that you have repeatedly been unable to substantiate.

You've already lost, a long time ago.

Why can't you just admit that you were talking through your hat?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Anybody care to watch this ...

and give their opinion ??? ???

Reply to
"<<<

You make that claim, so prove that it won't.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I already did.

Since you apparently weren't paying attention, I'll spell it out for you:

Suppose that criterion had been in place from the beginning. It would not have prevented the election of Nixon (dishonest), Carter (incompetent), and LBJ (both incompetent and dishonest). Nor would it have prevented the candidacies of John Kerry, Al Gore, Michael Dukakis, or Walter Mondale. All seven of these men are veterans, with (AFAIK) honorable discharges.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Adobe PDF files are often layered by the scanning software - Adobe Acrobat Professional does this - in an attempt to separate the various elements to aid in OCR. You could scan a picture of the ten commandments carved in stone and get the same sort of results. It doesn't mean the original was layered - it means the scanning software deconstructed the scanned image to create a layered file.

Had this file been compressed back to a jpg, well, what would the birthers be doing today?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Sigh.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

AND he's neglected to post Pres. Washington's birth certificate and school records that he said had been published.

Reply to
J. D. Slocomb